Nvidia Quadro (supported?)

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Nvidia Quadro (supported?)

Postby Hasenfuss » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:49 pm

hi folks,

i am getting new hardware... and... are Nvidia Quadro RTX cards supported too?

cya
Hasenfuss

Re: Nvidia Quadro (supported?)

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Split off from another discussion as it's a more general question on hardware support.

It should work just fine for Haven as long as it has proper OpenGL 3.x support (for the new client version; 2.x for the old client version). I won't speak on performance, though. It would be good too hear from someone that is using a Quadro to be sure and not just take my assumptions.

I'm a bit out of date on the discussion of using pro level hardware vs consumer level in real-time applications (gaming). In the past (up through late 2000s), you'd be lucky to get proper support for DirectX, only OpenGL, and it didn't handle real time rendering as well, so gaming performance was actually worse compared to a card a quarter of the price mostly due to the types of optimizations that are made both at the hardware level and in software configurations.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Nvidia Quadro (supported?)

Postby AriZona » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pm

I had old Quadro 6000 for a bit, but the performance or FPS with new Ardennes client was not substantially improved :/ For example, my FPS in farm fields jumped from 16 to some ~23. It was not what I was expecting. Forgot to try new vanilla client :)
AriZona

Return to The Wizards' Tower