Pc' performance help.

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Pc' performance help.

Postby xleviatanx » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Hello. well
I need help with a low spec pc.
What are your recomendations. I have a dual core 2.0, 3gb ram and a gts250... i build my pc with trash i found XD

I has played haven & Hearth a few years ago but i cant run it properly now.
Do you have some advice?

Thank you hearthlings
xleviatanx

Re: Pc' performance help.

Postby Colin500 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Upgrade your shit.
Colin500

Postby shubla » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:09 pm

Colin500 wrote:Upgrade your shit.

I think you do not have other options. Maybe you could try making or acquiring a text based client but nothing else really!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:52 am

The dual core CPU is just going to be entirely too slow, though a performance report on the new client might be helpful for diagnostic purposes, assuming the game even starts. The client getting phased out requires OpenGL 2.x+ support. The updated client requires OpenGL 3.x+ support.

Would be nice to know specifics for suggestions on possible upgrades you could get for cheap or for a swap. Motherboard, CPU, graphics, type of RAM, etc. As far as Intel CPUs go, I think a few are running Haven on some of the later dual cores, that have higher core clocks, but you almost have to have a separate GPU, and the performance is still low.

For what it's worth, I'm running Haven on a 10 year old AMD APU and getting between 12 and 30 fps depending on the scene that's being rendered. 3GB of RAM should be enough. You can pick up one of these CPUs and a mobo for less than $50 US if you have a 300-400W PSU. A $30 graphics card would be enough to run even a lot of modern indie games. I can run Fortnite, Fallout 4, Overwatch, and a few others from the last few years with it, but graphics are at bare minimums and performance is mediocre at best.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Return to The Wizards' Tower