Regarding client usability

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Regarding client usability

Postby mkot1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 am

Unfortunately the game is not playable when using official client. All of us wants to get fun from the game and we would not use something which prevent us to get fun. I will go to play something else instead of fighting with official client UI.
It's great that client source code is opened, but I afraid that only few people will help upgrade it. Because most people will lose interrest and will stop playing. As example, my animals started to lose quality because starvation, because I cant play H&H about week. I almost lose interrest in H&H but I have built the fort in Kenshi instead ;)
Last edited by MagicManICT on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderator note: split off from a stickied client mod disclaimer thread; updated name so the two threads are distinguishable
mkot1

Re: Regarding custom clients

Postby meus » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:56 am

Nothing's wrong with the official client. It is even much more beautiful.
The only things that custom clients offer in addition are night vision, quick sort and botting. Missing neither of these is game-breaking.
meus

Postby oloth » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:54 am

mkot1 wrote:Unfortunately the game is not playable when using official client. All of us wants to get fun from the game and we would not use something which prevent us to get fun. I will go to play something else instead of fighting with official client UI.
It's great that client source code is opened, but I afraid that only few people will help upgrade it. Because most people will lose interrest and will stop playing. As example, my animals started to lose quality because starvation, because I cant play H&H about week. I almost lose interrest in H&H but I have built the fort in Kenshi instead ;)

I completely agree with you, the current version of the official client is absolutely unplayable and incredibly raw. I saw bugs from 1 minute as I entered it.
For example, nicknames over a fire were flying all over the screen. Impossible to press the doors of the house, since the camera is fixed only in 4 positions and if there is a palisade in front of the doors, it is not possible to press them, etc.
If only an official client remains, the project will die, I am sure that those who are ready to endure all this and more simply will not be found.
If you want to bury what you have been doing for over 10 years, keep up the good work.
oloth

Postby DPblH » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:26 am

Default client is good only for one thing: making screenshots for facebook.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:33 am

DPblH wrote:Default client is good only for one thing: making screenshots for facebook.

not good for making night screenshots though ;)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby mkot1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:55 pm

meus wrote:Nothing's wrong with the official client. It is even much more beautiful.
The only things that custom clients offer in addition are night vision, quick sort and botting. Missing neither of these is game-breaking.

I could tell about a lot of other features of other clients, but there is no sence. The important thing is that in the official client people do not find the neccesary feature. It doesn't matter why, but it does matter if the user is happy. Users will dont use software wich made them unhappy.
mkot1

Re: Regarding client usability

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:33 pm

I'll note that we do have a thread floating around somewhere from around the start of this world (world 12) where jorb was asking what kind of features we thought were necessary to add to the base client. I thought it got stickied, but now I don't see it in any of the forums. I'm trying to find it again. I thought it'd be a short search, but I'm having to dig. (I'm such a terrible librarian.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby hardin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:45 am

mkot1 wrote:
meus wrote:Nothing's wrong with the official client. It is even much more beautiful.

I could tell about a lot of other features of other clients, but there is no sence. The important thing is that in the official client people do not find the neccesary feature. It doesn't matter why, but it does matter if the user is happy. Users will dont use software wich made them unhappy.

It's a good reason to start learning something new, like java :D
hardin

Postby mkot1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:56 am

hardin wrote:It's a good reason to start learning something new, like java :D

.NET is enough for me. I don't want write a code in my vacation, I want to spend time to relax. ;)
mkot1

Return to The Wizards' Tower