Forcing HTTPS for Default Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Forcing HTTPS for Default Client

Postby TheRussianB » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:21 am

loftar wrote:Uh, right, sorry, the command-line argument needs to be a URL, not a filename. It might work if you use file://my-hafen.hl

I wasn't able to do it this way, but I uploaded the hafen.hl to a file hosting website and used that URL. Finally works, thank you!
TheRussianB

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:42 am

Isn't a triple slash an indicator of a local file in the whole uniform resource markup naming? Or something like that... been too many years since I've needed that knowledge. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby TheRussianB » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Isn't a triple slash an indicator of a local file in the whole uniform resource markup naming? Or something like that... been too many years since I've needed that knowledge. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I opened a text file with my browser and the file URL used a triple slash. I tried both double and triple, but it didn't seem to work. Luckily, uploading the file and using the link worked.
TheRussianB

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower