Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri May 06, 2022 2:28 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:my well documented antics never happened please believe my narrative or I'll cry :'(
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri May 06, 2022 2:31 pm

So well documented you can't provide any documents? : P

Maybe I'm the retard for responding.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby vatas » Fri May 06, 2022 2:42 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
vatas wrote:you extort real money from people trying to play a video game.

Never happened. Source? + You live in Shubla's village, biased + Live map of users snuck into public client is unironically A LOT worse + What I've done has nothing no influence on how bad the things Shubla has done are lmao

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri May 06, 2022 2:46 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:So well documented you can't provide any documents? : P

Maybe I'm the retard for responding.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=70116&start=230&p=900652&view=show#p900652
From the whore's mouth.
SnuggleSnail wrote:You know I've hat or died/hat or sieged at least triple digit hats
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri May 06, 2022 3:04 pm

A serious request in a serious conversation you know :roll: I bet I kick kittens, too

Astarisk wrote:
shubla wrote:
Characters positions are indeed sent to the map server, along with name and hat, they're used for player icons. They are not saved for more than a few seconds, nor used by anyone else than users of the map with the specific token itself.
They can be accessed by the randomly generated token in the client, when private map generation is enabled.

So you force-opt in your users to send potentially sensitive data related to where they are at in the world. This data includes their position, character name, marker data and even their hat res. Quite frankly this is entirely disingenuous. None of that data is needed to contribute to a world map. Further more, to re-iterate the above point this is forced upon the user. It is not an opt-in process, nor is there even a way to opt out of it. It is by definition spyware. The only barrier you have presented to the security of such information gathering is to just "trust" that you hold the data for only a few seconds. To drive this even further it is also an abuse of the bandwidth for those who may have data caps -- and issues to anyone who has a weak connection as it can induce lag and frequent disconnects by sending unnecessary data.

Characters positions are indeed sent to the map server, along with name and hat, they're used for player icons. They are not saved for more than a few seconds, nor used by anyone else than users of the map with the specific token itself.
They can be accessed by the randomly generated token in the client, when private map generation is enabled.

shubla wrote:
Every player that's around you
Every player that's around you
Your kin's character names
The hat of every player around you

None of this is true, not sure why OP is lieing, maybe he is just too bad to read the code properly ¦]

This bit is true, After looking at the code it does not send the player information around you, though this can be changed by the simple flip of a boolean in any future update of the client. I wouldn't let this distract you from the aforementioned information that is being sent. Which I think bares repeating This information gathering is forced-in and not opt-in and this it is indeed being sent for everyone who uses it.

To add on to the point once again. You are trusting someone who forces his users to have these features enabled by default to not abuse the data you give him. There is no way to opt-out of any of this.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby shubla » Fri May 06, 2022 3:06 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:

Never happened. Source?

Devs can contact me for more details on this succinct and undeniable evidence if they want to ban such people for some reason ¦] There is more.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri May 06, 2022 3:10 pm

I think they should hire Shubla to make the official client

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

Postby azrid » Sun May 08, 2022 11:54 am

Didn't Snail have a whole thread for RMT that got removed by devs?
azrid

Postby Ferinex » Thu May 19, 2022 2:09 am

shubla wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:

Never happened. Source?

Devs can contact me for more details on this succinct and undeniable evidence if they want to ban such people for some reason ¦] There is more.

Snail is not the only one who has done this, there is a group of them working together. In fact such real money extortion existed in the winds that blew forth the squall during which accusations were made against me. Jorb and Loftar did not take action over that attempted real world extortion, for better or worse. That's the nature and level of this community.

edit: correction, I don't know if they took action or not.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby fallout » Thu May 19, 2022 11:30 pm

Shubla knew what he was doing was wrong yet wasted his time trying to convince others it was perfectly reasonable to have suspicious and malicious content added as hidden "features"

certainly should have had the client pulled, but the takeaway is that anyone can make a client to extract information the user didn't want to give up and there's nothing to lose and a lot to gain
fallout

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower