Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Postby firemasterelf22 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:23 pm

Any update on this Astarisk? There's definitely a few small issues with this version, would love to see this one updated.
firemasterelf22

Postby Astarisk » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:22 pm

Updated the client for those who want to use it. I know I've had a few requests in my dm's. Let me know if any issues occur. Download link is in the first post.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Hickupp » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:39 pm

It would be nice if some that potentially can could look into fixing some current showstoppers in this client version.
(not specially looking at Astarisk here. ... except maybe for potentially checking & implementing potential suggested changes in his version)

Major showstopper:
- Guild-able clothes when viewed in some inventory crash the client.
- Client always crashing when trying to open a Barter Stand. (from post below)

Minor showstopper:
- System messages are not displayed anymore. (as such objects quality checks have, for example, become unavailable)

Probably never going to happen. But at least its asked.
----
On Gitlab there seems to be a barter stand related version. (Seem to contain slightly more official-dev commits than Astarisk's copy, but still outdated in relation to current problems)
Last edited by Hickupp on Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hickupp

Postby vatas » Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:00 pm

To my knowledge, there is no public version of Purus Pasta with the new inventory system. I haven't tested what you can and can't do with it, but one game-breaking limitation was client always crashing when trying to open a Barter Stand.

This was kind of a big deal because market sites had relied on Pbot to create a bot that can walk across market, see the prices and update them into a website. It's not completely irreplaceable, the reason they used PBot was because it was little effort - after all, the market sites were run as volunteers who treated it as hobby project.

Some kind of analogy would be making a small indie game that can run only run on a specific OS and it works fine. Then the specific OS is no longer supported and you would have to update/fork it yourself to make game run again.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jacob232 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:41 pm

OMG thank you so much for the java information. I knew it at one point in time but couldn't for the life of me figure out which version i needed to run it
so this one time at band camp.............
jacob232

Postby Bartekc8888 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:21 pm

I updated my fork of purus pasta client. Inventory, barter stand, system messages all seem to be working.
I used it earlier for myself so it contains some of my experiments like:
    speed display
    another bot window for groovy scripts (and some builtin java scripts)
    food history for current fep (need to be enabled in options)
    fixed timer
    auto pick override when holding shift
    etc.

You can use it for now if there is no better alternative.
It requires at least Java 17.
binaries: https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/25789188/jobs/5223802476/artifacts/yoink-pasta-1.0.1.zip
source code: https://gitlab.com/groax/purus-pasta-2
Bartekc8888

Postby Astarisk » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:45 pm

Bartekc8888 wrote:I updated my fork of purus pasta client. Inventory, barter stand, system messages all seem to be working.
I used it earlier for myself so it contains some of my experiments like:
    speed display
    another bot window for groovy scripts (and some builtin java scripts)
    food history for current fep (need to be enabled in options)
    fixed timer
    auto pick override when holding shift
    etc.

You can use it for now if there is no better alternative.
It requires at least Java 17.
binaries: https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/25789188/jobs/5223802476/artifacts/yoink-pasta-1.0.1.zip
source code: https://gitlab.com/groax/purus-pasta-2

Neat, thanks for the work on updating that. I've read through the commits and can confirm the connection to purus mapper and food service seem to be disabled in this version too, the yoink-pasta can be declared ethical. If you want I can promote that in the OP of this post.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Bartekc8888 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:05 pm

Astarisk wrote:If you want I can promote that in the OP of this post.

Sure, go ahead
Old version doesnt work well now anyway, so at least people can have an alternative.
Bartekc8888

Postby Hickupp » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:01 pm

@Bartekc8888
Seems I'm running into some odd Python "import" problem. ... Any location other than this topic where (Pasta_Y) client specific questions can be asked/dump ?

+ Did PBotSession.new_session( username, password ,charname) change ?
When calling it it never returns. (no error, and no action or result-data)
Hickupp

Postby Bartekc8888 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:17 pm

Hickupp wrote:Did PBotSession.new_session( username, password ,charname) change ?
When calling it it never returns. (no error, and no action or result-data)

Yeah, it broke when i merged changes from official client. I think it should be fixed now in 1.0.3

Hickupp wrote:Seems I'm running into some odd Python "import" problem. ... Any location other than this topic where (Pasta_Y) client specific questions can be asked/dump ?

I restored old 'Callback' class. Thats the only breaking change i made that i can see right now. Maybe it will fix some issues.
Sure, i will soon make a dedicated thread to not clutter this thread.

Released 1.0.3 with the session fix. Also fixed icons not showing up in top left for toggle buffs:
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/25789188/jobs/5240065766/artifacts/yoink-pasta-1.0.3.zip

I also created javadocs for api from current source code (now with working search)
https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/25789188/jobs/5240065766/artifacts/javadoc-1.0.3.zip

Future releases will be also available here:
https://gitlab.com/groax/purus-pasta-2/-/releases
Bartekc8888

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower