Cant get any clients to run?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Cant get any clients to run?

Postby MadBikerMax » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:19 am

I've tried Ambers, and Enders, and cant get any of them to run. I've even tried the pink PLAY button. Im running a fresh x64 Bit version of Java. I know Im probably just an idiot that is doing something wrong.

Error Code given with any client I try -

Code: Select all
1.80.0.5fe4c30a
Windows 10 10.0 x64, 1.8.0_333 amd64
NVIDIA Corporation (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2) - 4.6.0 NVIDIA 496.76

java.lang.RuntimeException: Delayed error in resource paginae/pose/sitdown (v2), from forking source backed by HTTP res source (http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/)
   at haven.Resource$Pool$Queued.get(Resource.java:405)
   at haven.Resource$Pool$Queued.get(Resource.java:374)
   at haven.Session$CachedRes$Ref.get(Session.java:124)
   at haven.Session$CachedRes$Ref.get(Session.java:117)
   at haven.MenuGrid.uimsg(MenuGrid.java:648)
   at haven.UI.uimsg(UI.java:359)
   at haven.RemoteUI.run(RemoteUI.java:70)
   at haven.MainFrame.run(MainFrame.java:268)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: haven.Resource$LoadException: Invalid image data in paginae/pose/sitdown
   at haven.Resource$Image.<init>(Resource.java:935)
   at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor4.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
   at haven.Resource$LayerConstructor.cons(Resource.java:815)
   at haven.Resource.load(Resource.java:1508)
   at haven.Resource.access$600(Resource.java:43)
   at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:454)
   at haven.Resource$Pool.access$1100(Resource.java:351)
   at haven.Resource$Pool$Loader.run(Resource.java:607)
   ... 1 more
   Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Invalid image data in paginae/pose/sitdown
      ... 11 more
      Suppressed: haven.Resource$LoadException: Load error in resource paginae/pose/sitdown(v2), from local res source
         at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:466)
         ... 3 more
      Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not find resource locally: paginae/pose/sitdown
         at haven.Resource$JarSource.get(Resource.java:255)
         at haven.Resource$Pool.handle(Resource.java:450)
         ... 3 more
Last edited by loftar on Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added code tags
MadBikerMax

Re: Cant get any clients to run?

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:27 pm

Have you tried the default client? I can't find any error report from you.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MadBikerMax » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:14 pm

loftar wrote:Have you tried the default client? I can't find any error report from you.

By "default" do you mean by clicking the "Play" button at the top of the main page? Yes. Every client I've tried has done this same error, or does literally nothing at all (as if Im not even clicking it)

Sorry, Im terrible when it comes to this sort of stuff :oops:

Also, I very much appreciate the help. I got a friend to join in with me, and she loaded in just fine. Hopefully I can fix it so we can play together!
MadBikerMax

Postby iamahh » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:42 am

I'd try creating a temporary Windows account, then click the play button at top page

just in case it's a user folder thing
iamahh

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:05 pm

MadBikerMax wrote:By "default" do you mean by clicking the "Play" button at the top of the main page? Yes. Every client I've tried has done this same error, or does literally nothing at all (as if Im not even clicking it)

Yes, that is what I mean, but that is quite weird, because I still can't find any error report even remotely resembling what you posted in OP. Are you absolutely sure it's the exact same error?
loftar

Postby Tilia » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:56 pm

Tilia

Postby MadBikerMax » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:08 pm

loftar wrote:
MadBikerMax wrote:By "default" do you mean by clicking the "Play" button at the top of the main page? Yes. Every client I've tried has done this same error, or does literally nothing at all (as if Im not even clicking it)

Yes, that is what I mean, but that is quite weird, because I still can't find any error report even remotely resembling what you posted in OP. Are you absolutely sure it's the exact same error?

Yes. When it crashes, it gives me the ability to directly copy it with a button, and I did that, then pasted it here.
MadBikerMax

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:00 pm

MadBikerMax wrote:Yes. When it crashes, it gives me the ability to directly copy it with a button, and I did that, then pasted it here.

That is definitely not the default client then, though, because it does not have the ability to directly copy it with a button, nor does its error reports look that way.
loftar

Postby MadBikerMax » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:53 pm

loftar wrote:
MadBikerMax wrote:Yes. When it crashes, it gives me the ability to directly copy it with a button, and I did that, then pasted it here.

That is definitely not the default client then, though, because it does not have the ability to directly copy it with a button, nor does its error reports look that way.

Yeah with the Default Client, when I click it, a black box flickers and instantly disappears (as if the games initial load screen is coming up, then immediately shuts down) without any error. So, basically, when I click the Default Client, nothing happens at all.
MadBikerMax

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:13 pm

MadBikerMax wrote:Yeah with the Default Client, when I click it, a black box flickers and instantly disappears (as if the games initial load screen is coming up, then immediately shuts down) without any error. So, basically, when I click the Default Client, nothing happens at all.

That sounds quite unusual. It sounds like it could potentially be a JVM crash, in which case please see this thread (in particular, look for the hs_err* file mentioned there). Otherwise, it could also be some unexpected kind of launcher bug, in which case running the launcher in a command-line prompt could potentially yield more information. To see if it does, try starting a command-prompt, go to the directory that you saved the launcher file in, and run it with the command java -jar autohaven-your-username.jar (properly editing the name of the launcher file to the name you actually downloaded, of course).
loftar

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower