Nurgling - Custom client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Nurgling - Custom client

Postby ksetrad » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:03 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I can't be arsed to read this entire thread

Is my man proving jorb and loftar how obnoxiously tedious this game is, how mandatory botting really is, and how huge of an advantage bots are?

For me the game is not so bad. In any case, being able to add something and see the result in the game is fun. However, the main problem with this game is the routine. I have 1 male and 4 females in each herd type. I also have 5 chicken coops. And when I look at the work of the bot and imagine that people have been doing all this on their own for many months, I get scared.
Discord of Nurgling custom client : https://discord.gg/3YF5yaKKPn
ksetrad

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:05 am

ksetrad wrote:

Is my man proving jorb and loftar how obnoxiously tedious this game is, how mandatory botting really is, and how huge of an advantage bots are?

For me the game is not so bad. In any case, being able to add something and see the result in the game is fun. However, the main problem with this game is the routine. I have 1 male and 4 females in each herd type. I also have 5 chicken coops. And when I look at the work of the bot and imagine that people have been doing all this on their own for many months, I get scared.

I can totally see people enjoying all of the mechanics in this game, if this game was single player, that is.
The amount of bullshit you need to do in this game to grind, is why most non-autistic fighters quit after 2 months. Sad for a pvp game, but yeah.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Hammerss » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:18 am

Nightdawg wrote:
ksetrad wrote:

I can totally see people enjoying all of the mechanics in this game, if this game was single player, that is.
The amount of bullshit you need to do in this game to grind, is why most non-autistic fighters quit after 2 months. Sad for a pvp game, but yeah.

I have a completely opposite point of view. If you want a single - go to legacy.
Instead of sitting around whining that everyone is leaving, put in the effort and get people into the game. Make the most friendly and convenient guides, record short and understandable videos where all the mechanics are chewed, translate them into several languages.
Hammerss

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:46 pm

Hammerss wrote:I have a completely opposite point of view. If you want a single - go to legacy.
Instead of sitting around whining that everyone is leaving, put in the effort and get people into the game. Make the most friendly and convenient guides, record short and understandable videos where all the mechanics are chewed, translate them into several languages.

I have nothing against people liking to brainlessly grind numbers for 12+ months using those obnoxious mechanics that make you feel like killing yourself. That's their business.
I'm not whining that everyone is leaving, I was explaining why 80% of the players only play for the first 2 months, after which it just becomes a "who's more autistic" competition. For fighters, after ~2 months it just turns from skill-based to number-based, and whoever has more autistic slaves grinding the numbers for them just wins by default lul

Why don't you try to make guides on those obnoxious mechanics btw? Try to explain those mechanics to someone who hasn't even started playing, see if they'll even consider playing after hearing "You have to log in every 8 hours, otherwise your steel burns out and you lose, fuck your life and god forbid you have a job if you want to play this game. If you want a chance, this game makes your schedule now." xD
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby ksetrad » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:29 pm

This game is completely unplayable solo. You can't build an entire industry and keep it running.
Not enough hours in the day.
When you play together, another problem arises. For example: one of the players quit playing. His duties must either be redistributed, or someone should be found to replace him. However, the game is absolutely not passable in solo. There are no free players to replace(

And the second problem is the quality system. If you want to progress, then you need to repeat the same operation several times to achieve the "best result" due to the randomness.
ksetrad

Postby dagrimreefah » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:01 pm

ksetrad wrote:This game is completely unplayable solo. You can't build an entire industry and keep it running.

It's called barter, dumbass.
You were never expected to solo-compete with cities lmao
dagrimreefah

Postby jock2 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:37 pm

dagrimreefah wrote:
ksetrad wrote:This game is completely unplayable solo. You can't build an entire industry and keep it running.

I have run a busy-as-hell market in every world. barter is not even close to enough. This world was more profitable than most and people were still burned out, if anything running the market made it hard due to the NEED to be of good quality. to even get close to a return on things you need to progress your industry.

SO rethink that statement.
jock2

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:11 pm

jock2 wrote:
dagrimreefah wrote:

I have run a busy-as-hell market in every world. barter is not even close to enough. This world was more profitable than most and people were still burned out, if anything running the market made it hard due to the NEED to be of good quality. to even get close to a return on things you need to progress your industry.

SO rethink that statement.

hey retard. I'm a hermit. I get everything I ever need through barter. So stay in your lane and continue to sell me goods, standfag.
dagrimreefah

Postby ksetrad » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:04 pm

UPDATE 0.03:

Removed all non-working bots
Added tooltips for all bots.(Thanks to tooltips, now there is at least a minimal opportunity to figure out how it all works)
Remove RUS from interface.
Added RabbitMaster - bot
Added Horses - bot
Added bots for transfer meat in bars using ingredient system
Added bot for sand digging

https://github.com/Katodiy/nurgling/rel ... g_0.03.zip

P.S. I rewrote the description in the first post.
ksetrad

Postby ksetrad » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:14 am

Update 0.03a:

Bugfix for PF and leaks in ItemInfo
Added Cooking Recipes collector (local in json file). You can enable it in "Quality of Life" settings; ("Purus-Service" data format)

https://github.com/Katodiy/nurgling/rel ... _0.03a.zip
ksetrad

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower