Clients for w15, whats out there?

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Clients for w15, whats out there?

Postby shardmaster » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:40 pm

Heya, Popping back in for world 15, what clients are planning on being updated for world 15?
shardmaster

Re: Clients for w15, whats out there?

Postby noindyfikator » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:02 pm

@Jorbtar if a player asks for a client to play your game on 10 years old account it's a sign there needs to be smth done about it. Don't you think?

Try one of few versions of purus pasta or ender or cediner
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:43 am

The base client has made quite a few improvements over the years. It's surprising what features are actually base client nowadays.

I'd honestly be down for an entire world of 0 server updates to just completely modernize the client though. Like legit, just hats and client patches. The game needs it desperately as client coders have started staying private/quitting (one of them said to me that they wouldn't publish it because they felt it'd keep enabling this situation).

It's missing some QoL features I've gotten used to, but nurgling is probably my best contender for a public client (the botting stuff is pretty crazy in nurgling, but I'm talking about it as a client to play on specifically). Ardennes bootleg is a great client, but it's stuck on old render and won't ever be swapped from the looks of it (cediner's amazing, but reality is so much of the client is built ontop of old render it's probably faster to code a new client from scratch). Old render just ruins fps in busy villages no matter what you do (which is why loftar made new render to be fair).

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=74001
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:30 pm

Sevenless wrote:The game needs it desperately as client coders have started staying private/quitting (one of them said to me that they wouldn't publish it because they felt it'd keep enabling this situation).
Ardennes bootleg is a great client, but it's stuck on old render and won't ever be swapped from the looks of it (cediner's amazing, but reality is so much of the client is built ontop of old render it's probably faster to code a new client from scratch). Old render just ruins fps in busy villages no matter what you do (which is why loftar made new render to be fair).

I mean it's no wonder client coders started to either quit or stay private. Making a public client seems like a real pain in the butt, having to fix stuff every time something breaks or be spammed into oblivion by people that feel entitled to it, without having any real compensation.
Also let's be honest a lot of people keep their clients private to keep the advantage to themselves, very few people actually want to equalize the playing field when they can just be in the superior position due to having spent hours and hours of their time to make it there (tbh fair, good for them).

The difference between Ard and every other public client is just huge tbh. Like Ard just has too much stuff that you don't really notice until you try to switch, and then you realize you need it.
For most people other clients might be fine but there is quite a lot of useful features even for PVE players, but, you are trading your performance/no-crashes for these features (I have literally 10-20 fps in our village, and that's with all the lighting/animations/etc. turned off).
Nurgling seemed quite meh to me when i tried it, some stuff is really nice (ie. the search bar in inventories with that nice highlight effect, bots that work) but you are missing out on other features and some things just seem very janky (Or straight up broken).

The game really needs a client overhaul, but to be fair jorbtar probably couldn't make a client that would compare to those private clients that people have even if they spent a whole world on it, just due to not knowing the features that players want (Or would consider them to be cheesy to include in the vanilla client). I can't imagine them actually adding bots to the vanilla client, and as we can clearly see from their updates they would rather keep on making grindy mechanics that are very bottable (ie. whales) than actually making the game less of a slog so that bots aren't needed.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby wafflecat » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:57 pm

I believe if they legitimately cared about the client issue they could ask the community to basically pitch in and add their private client features into the default.
This is not uncommon, like how some games add mods as official features (see Cities Skylines for example).
I'm sure a lot of the client makers would be happy to do this. Of course the devs would have to filter what they want and don't want (bots would not be added obv) but that would really make the default client usable for most players.
You'll always have some botters or PVPers who want a flat world with no palisades and no gobs at all. Don't need to take that into account.
wafflecat

Postby gravesmerch » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:38 pm

i wish you could log in the forums and open a flat html client for daily chores, no 3d, just icons and windows, could work on pretty much any plataform
gravesmerch

Postby pawnchito » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:10 pm

Clients are guarded as fuck even in terms of what the clients can do. Snuggles et al. play a game of Rimworld with all the bots.

If we all had the same client I suspected there would be an actual challenge to power. BUUUUUUUUUUT devs dont care, this game is a deepstate ploy to get us to learn how to code so we code our own clients.

noindyfikator wrote:@Jorbtar if a player asks for a client to play your game on 10 years old account it's a sign there needs to be smth done about it. Don't you think?

Try one of few versions of purus pasta or ender or cediner

No its the children that are wrong! - jorbtar

Inb4 the "client dont matter" crowd shows up. Then make it public if it dont matter. or pm me ;p
pawnchito

Postby loleznub » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:39 pm

The 'best' clients can be bought for $100-300 USD just a matter of knowing who to ask
loleznub

Postby DeniskaRUS » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:08 pm

loleznub wrote:The 'best' clients can be bought for $100-300 USD just a matter of knowing who to ask

Are you for real man? :D
W3 - Hermit
W4-W7 - A.D.
W14 - Arcanum
DeniskaRUS

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:16 pm

Ye you can buy a client that will probably not come with a source code with the excuse being so you can't distribute it as they'll just include some account lock or something (So it can be just spyware, afaik back in legacy some faction clients had literal keyloggers to make sure only their guys could use it), and if it breaks pray to god that they fix it for free or in reasonable amount of time since you won't be able to.

Although if someone is selling a good client with source code for 100-300 dollars it's actually a good deal since you can buy it as a group (For like 10 dollars each) and just fix it yourself in case of errors (Or just pay the guy like 20 dollars or something), and you can be sure that there won't be any unwanted "features" in there. But I don't think many will spend hours of their life just to make 300 dollars from one group and allow them to distribute the client to whoever they want (So basically a one time sell).
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower