Kami Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Kami Client

Postby dagngayt » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:52 pm

I have 2 laptops. The newer one runs the client, no problem. The older one used to, but now won't open it - no error message, nothing. It will still run the base client, but that is so creaky and basic :-( And 'run it on the new laptop' is not a viable solution, as the new laptop is at my house, and the old one is at my friend's house (where I spend a lot of time), so I want it to work on both of them!

I have gone through this thread and tried everything suggested in it - still not working. All the updateable things are up-to-date (operating system, drivers, firmware...)

My setup is:

Alienware Area-51m

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Product ID 00325-81504-87107-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎27-‎Jan-‎23
OS build 22621.2861
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
Driver version 546.33
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
15.81 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 144Hz

Free disc space:
C: 64.3 GB
D: 326 GB

Any more suggestions?
dagngayt

Postby derkami » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:56 pm

dagngayt wrote:I have 2 laptops. The newer one runs the client, no problem. The older one used to, but now won't open it - no error message, nothing. It will still run the base client, but that is so creaky and basic :-( And 'run it on the new laptop' is not a viable solution, as the new laptop is at my house, and the old one is at my friend's house (where I spend a lot of time), so I want it to work on both of them!

I have gone through this thread and tried everything suggested in it - still not working. All the updateable things are up-to-date (operating system, drivers, firmware...)

My setup is:

Alienware Area-51m

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Product ID 00325-81504-87107-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎27-‎Jan-‎23
OS build 22621.2861
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
Driver version 546.33
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
15.81 GB RAM
1920 x 1080, 144Hz

Free disc space:
C: 64.3 GB
D: 326 GB

Any more suggestions?

I've alot of suggestions to test. If you want we can resolve that uncomplicated in discord, forumname = discordname.
Otherwise: What exactly doesn't run?
The updater? Or just the game?
Did you tried the jdk option?
What's your java version if you open up a terminal and write "java --version"?
Have you checked the Windows EventLog?
derkami

Postby dagngayt » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:28 pm

I have tried the updater, the jdk version, and the the plain version. None work. There are no entries in the windows event log at the time I try to run it.

My java version is version 8 Update 391 (build 1.8.0_391-b13).

You have a discord server for the client? I missed that - where is it, please.
dagngayt

Postby derkami » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:28 pm

We got that sorted out somewhat.
If for some reason anyone has the same issue, try creating a batch file called "run.bat" and just put in "KamiClientUpdater.exe" and run that bat file.

For some strange reason, he could not double click the application, but starting it from any terminal / console window worked just perfectly.
I've never seen that in my entire life but if you happen to come across the same problem, at least you have a workaround for that.
derkami

Postby Olympus » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:37 pm

Bug report: The bottom left button and the logo on the bottom right are too deep and get hidden behind my taskbar.

Feature request: I tend to play with a lot of alts (because the game pushes you in that direction and I don't mind) but it's annoying to have multiple Kami clients up at the same time. Ard has a system on the log-in screen where it saves all of your login passkeys so that you can get into any account with a simple click. They also have a handy feature that lets you run multiple instances of the game client that you can hop between with a UI that looks like this:
Image Something similar would be lovely.
Olympus

Postby derkami » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:08 am

I'll look into the zoom stuff.. It happens because of UI scaling.
Multi-Session Support is not easy, because there is stuff that will prevent it from running or will crash every so often.
But that's on my bucket list...
derkami

Postby Hickupp » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:35 pm

More caveats.

Running multiple Ender (and/or Kami) client is not advisable. Client has a tendency to crash when the same resource is accessed at the same time. (Java issue)

Ender (and Kami) client don't check or update the passkey in the default game config. Ie: (password)Login with some other client and it will trigger a invalid login on that account(button) in Ender (and/or Kami).
Hickupp

Postby derkami » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:48 pm

Hickupp wrote:More caveats.

Running multiple Ender (and/or Kami) client is not advisable. Client has a tendency to crash when the same resource is accessed at the same time. (Java issue)

Ender (and Kami) client don't check or update the passkey in the default game config. Ie: (password)Login with some other client and it will trigger a invalid login on that account(button) in Ender (and/or Kami).

I'm always suggesting to make multiple folders for multiple accounts until multisession is a thing.
The password stuff is bothering me too, so I might look into that.
derkami

Postby Hickupp » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:01 pm

derkami wrote:I'm always suggesting to make multiple folders for multiple accounts until multisession is a thing.

Not sure what you mean with "multiple folders" here.
Completely separate client installs per account ? ... (not to sure that would work, although Ender didn't explain the related Java-bug in all its fine detail though.)
Hickupp

Postby derkami » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:48 am

Hickupp wrote:
derkami wrote:I'm always suggesting to make multiple folders for multiple accounts until multisession is a thing.

Not sure what you mean with "multiple folders" here.
Completely separate client installs per account ? ... (not to sure that would work, although Ender didn't explain the related Java-bug in all its fine detail though.)

Yes exactly that. Like I have a game folder for haven and inside there i have account named subfolders with the gamefiles for each game, since the local configs also will be stored there.
I can have safely open multiple clients that way. the only thing that will not work correctly is the minimap because it uses a shared cache folder... I could probably make that customizable tho.
But then again, you would have more versions on your minimap and not the same for every account.
derkami

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower