suggestions

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: suggestions

Postby sabinati » Tue May 26, 2015 4:41 am

loftar wrote:
Seizure wrote:Have you guys taken another look at the old civilization mechanic?

I'm considering it from time to time, but I haven't found a formulation that I'm happy with yet.

I don't quite like how all animals around the world start out at level X and then decrease only when civilization is built up. It seems to me that for this mechanic to work more properly there should be some form of "seeds" of civilization (probably coinciding with where new characters start playing), but I'm very much not sure about what kind of shape or form they should have or how they should interact with the building up of civilization.

they should start at level 1 and grind stats like the rest of us
sabinati

Postby borka » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 am

i wonder why this thread is still in Congress even getting answers by devs and mods and nobody mocks that :lol:
borka

Postby infectedking » Tue May 26, 2015 5:32 am

loftar wrote:
tobi wrote:and more mobs

As a somewhat general statement, Haven should overall have less "mobs" and more "life". I am always considering options that would incentivize people to respect the animals more and view them less as walking meatbags.

Not all of us see them as walking meatbags, I use a deer as a personal doctor, heals my soft hitpoints for me :)
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue May 26, 2015 6:45 am

borka wrote:i wonder why this thread is still in Congress even getting answers by devs and mods and nobody mocks that :lol:

Does it really belong in C&I either? =)

Moved to C&I.
TeckXKnight

Postby loftar » Tue May 26, 2015 7:07 am

borka wrote:i wonder why this thread is still in Congress even getting answers by devs and mods and nobody mocks that :lol:

I dunno about you, but I never even check the subforums; I just use the "View active topics" page. :)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Fostik » Tue May 26, 2015 7:45 am

As i understand you planning that all natural savagery of world will be lowing as a world longs.

But how could hafenling get unique wild resources like bear,fish, berries? And how it will be for the ones who only started to play, in the old world without wild beasts?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby loftar » Tue May 26, 2015 8:45 am

Fostik wrote:As i understand you planning that all natural savagery of world will be lowing as a world longs.

I am planning no such thing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby krikke93 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:09 am

My brother told me a pretty good idea to let some animals live instead of being slaughtered. Make them have multiple purposes other than food.

For example: What if a boar wasn't only made for making sausages? What if, when they're alive and you follow them, they lead you to truffles?
Make truffles a pretty good source of food and perhaps curiosity and people will start following boars instead of killing it (and eventually kill when they get bored of it).
Also, as you guys love rare stuff (like the golden egg), please make sure there's a white truffle too ;)
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Aokigahara » Tue May 26, 2015 9:10 am

sabinati wrote:
loftar wrote:
Seizure wrote:Have you guys taken another look at the old civilization mechanic?

I'm considering it from time to time, but I haven't found a formulation that I'm happy with yet.

I don't quite like how all animals around the world start out at level X and then decrease only when civilization is built up. It seems to me that for this mechanic to work more properly there should be some form of "seeds" of civilization (probably coinciding with where new characters start playing), but I'm very much not sure about what kind of shape or form they should have or how they should interact with the building up of civilization.

they should start at level 1 and grind stats like the rest of us

I've always thought that other than human run players/mobs, the best thing you could have are mobs that level just like players, the more players they kill? the more powerful they become and maybe at various "stages" of levels they can be given nicknames with added honorifics the more powerful they become and maybe even graphics upgrades as they advance. imagine hearing about an SG south of you where a feared bear, Grock the Mighty is stalking and killing players and you could have people going on safari to kill them, teaming up for something other than PVP etc etc. The mobs in Ultima Online picking up random loot off of characters killed by them was a similar mechanic and it was always fun to kill n orc or ettin that had picked up so much players shit they were like a walking treasure chest....good times.
"The light shineth in the darkness; but the darkness comprehended it not."
Aokigahara

Postby tobi » Thu May 28, 2015 5:20 am

krikke93 wrote:My brother told me a pretty good idea to let some animals live instead of being slaughtered. Make them have multiple purposes other than food.

For example: What if a boar wasn't only made for making sausages? What if, when they're alive and you follow them, they lead you to truffles?
Make truffles a pretty good source of food and perhaps curiosity and people will start following boars instead of killing it (and eventually kill when they get bored of it).
Also, as you guys love rare stuff (like the golden egg), please make sure there's a white truffle too ;)

Great Idea! :)
tobi

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas