Make Neckbeards Q.Q (Improve the Games Progression Scheme)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make Neckbeards Q.Q (Improve the Games Progression Schem

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:59 pm

No neutering.
It's balls would still be intact.

But gains would be extremely diminished.
"Spiral" quality gains would become exponentially harder as you repeated the spiral.

I don't see that as a bad thing, as it helps contain some of this unchecked long-term growth that results in 15mil SP in 5 days, as demonstrated earlier in this thread.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Cajoes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:24 pm

I honestly don't see any issue with this, you'd still inherit and gain ancestry and it would make tradition slightly more attractive to people outside of the 'I have reserves' clique.

But then again, alts don't really matter to me. Alts are simply the puppets through which we interact with Haven. Building a good alt is easy. Building a thriving farm, breeding a good cow, cultivating a fine crop. Takes ages. I'd be more devastated if my farm was burnt to the ground than if I lost ten alts.
I lost more alts trying to train new players in one day than I ever did from violence by senior players in all the years I've played Haven n Hearth. (Nevermind swimming)

The only fallout I can see from this is a lot of people complaining (As a lot of people complain over the curio system and how mass producing buckets ad nauseum was somehow a superior system) and a drastic increase in random violence as players try to avoid the ignominy of dying from old age/wasting their combat skills. Similar to whenever a server wipe is announced and everyone settles old grudges, violently.

This would, if not outright kill, then severely hamper the alt-trading market though. But if good alts were less attractive, if only because of a arbitrary expiration date, then maybe there would be less account hacking. But this is purely unfounded speculation.
Cajoes

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Cajoes wrote:I honestly don't see any issue with this, you'd still inherit and gain ancestry and it would make tradition slightly more attractive to people outside of the 'I have reserves' clique.

But then again, alts don't really matter to me. Alts are simply the puppets through which we interact with Haven. Building a good alt is easy. Building a thriving farm, breeding a good cow, cultivating a fine crop. Takes ages. I'd be more devastated if my farm was burnt to the ground than if I lost ten alts.
I lost more alts trying to train new players in one day than I ever did from violence by senior players in all the years I've played Haven n Hearth. (Nevermind swimming)

The only fallout I can see from this is a lot of people complaining (As a lot of people complain over the curio system and how mass producing buckets ad nauseum was somehow a superior system) and a drastic increase in random violence as players try to avoid the ignominy of dying from old age/wasting their combat skills. Similar to whenever a server wipe is announced and everyone settles old grudges, violently.

This would, if not outright kill, then severely hamper the alt-trading market though. But if good alts were less attractive, if only because of a arbitrary expiration date, then maybe there would be less account hacking. But this is purely unfounded speculation.

You and op are perfect for each other.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby stukii » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 pm

If you die by an heartattack as an old farmer you are born as new character with the same stats, by this all your crimes are forgiven and you have the benefits of a young ladyboy. You will receive a unique blessing of the JLo gods which they make up by the data they mined of you.
stukii

Postby Cajoes » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:31 pm

overtyped wrote:
Cajoes wrote:-snip-

And you could be our tiny baby man. We would be a perfect family.
Cajoes

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:22 pm

Cajoes wrote:
overtyped wrote:
Cajoes wrote:-snip-

Nah, within a fortnight child services would repossess me, as you are both lacking in parental skills.
overtyped

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:42 pm

overtyped wrote:
Cajoes wrote:
overtyped wrote:You and op are perfect for each other.

Nah, within a fortnight child services would repossess me, as you are both lacking in parental skills.

We would need to be feeding our kid some radioactive shit for a two year old to have such an impressive neckbeard.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby overtyped » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:57 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:We would need to be feeding our kid some radioactive shit for a two year old to have such an impressive neckbeard.

Bob dole thinks you are scientifically illiterate, because you don't know that radiation causes hair to fall out not grow bigger. shame on you. You bringu dishonor to your famiri. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBeSjtU-7AI
overtyped

Postby kitsune121x » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:55 am

I can live with this idea but I think the maximum lifespan should be 4 months here's the factors will shorten your lifespan poor diet only eating one food item and getting injured a lot and overeating and a lack of adequate sleep other words you need a bed so now beds have a purpose and poor shelter other words sleeping outside and the take it to the next level we can add infections you get an injury if you don't treat the injury you can get infected which you will die pretty quickly afterwards
kitsune121x

Postby overtyped » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:05 am

kitsune121x wrote:I can live with this idea but I think the maximum lifespan should be 4 months here's the factors will shorten your lifespan poor diet only eating one food item and getting injured a lot and overeating and a lack of adequate sleep other words you need a bed so now beds have a purpose and poor shelter other words sleeping outside and the take it to the next level we can add infections you get an injury if you don't treat the injury you can get infected which you will die pretty quickly afterwards

I got something to add to this.
There should be monkeys, and sodomizing a monkey should give 100% happiness, but at the cost of getting a debuff called "aids" which reduces lifespan by 25%.
overtyped

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas