Public Places with disabled Criminal Acts for hafen

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Public Places with disabled Criminal Acts for hafen

Postby Kaios » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:58 pm

CTheRain wrote:You lay down and sleep in your bed. Your character then goes into a dream network of sorts for trading.

I don't really wish to comment on the amount of travel time or whatever, I just wanted to say that the idea of a "Dream Realm" even if it is not for trading and might just be for meeting up and chatting, would be totally awesome.
Kaios

Postby bmjclark » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Personally, i hated the idea of safe places in salem and i'd hate it in haven aswell. I like the idea of the players making everything in the game. With a proper siege/justice system people could make their own public safe places and punish anyone who tried to mess it up. There's been trade areas in the past made by players, and it could easily happen again. It's much more interesting having a faction police a "safe" zone than having some magic zone that no one can pvp in.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Waiting_For_HnH2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:40 pm

bmjclark wrote:Personally, i hated the idea of safe places in salem and i'd hate it in haven aswell. I like the idea of the players making everything in the game. With a proper siege/justice system people could make their own public safe places and punish anyone who tried to mess it up. There's been trade areas in the past made by players, and it could easily happen again. It's much more interesting having a faction police a "safe" zone than having some magic zone that no one can pvp in.

^
Waiting_For_HnH2

Postby Kaios » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:56 pm

bmjclark wrote:Personally, i hated the idea of safe places in salem and i'd hate it in haven aswell. I like the idea of the players making everything in the game. With a proper siege/justice system people could make their own public safe places and punish anyone who tried to mess it up. There's been trade areas in the past made by players, and it could easily happen again. It's much more interesting having a faction police a "safe" zone than having some magic zone that no one can pvp in.

I never liked it in Salem and I don't want to see that in Haven either. I like the idea so much because it sounds as if it's exactly that except for the fact that in the game world, this safe haven is fabricated in the mind of the players. In turn, I would assume nothing good or bad could happen there. You have no effect on the world while in this area and neither can your player die or kill other players. (But perhaps some interesting methods to die in the dream world could be devised thus actually killing your character). The character itself is still laying in a bed in the world somewhere and could easily be killed.

Essentially, a place to chat, hold gatherings, etc. without actually keeping your character in any real "safe zone." That is how I thought about it, at least.
Kaios

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas