Make Neckbeards Q.Q (Improve the Games Progression Scheme)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make Neckbeards Q.Q (Improve the Games Progression Schem

Postby Karede » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:46 am

While we're at it could we also give our livestock a lifespan? Two weeks at most, thanks
Karede

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:49 am

What a shitty unoriginal idea. Genuinely impressed someone pulled this piece of shit back.
DDDsDD999

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:42 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:What a shitty unoriginal idea. Genuinely impressed someone pulled this piece of shit back.

Great minds think alike.
They agree you are a neckbeard.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Brás » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:28 am

Guys...

guys

Guys.

Guys listen.

I have the best ide

guys listen I have the best idea ever

guys

I'll put DEATH OF OLD AGE

guys

death of old age

I'll put DEATH OF OLD AGE
guys listen here

I'll put DEATH OF OLD AGE... on a permadeath game
Brás

Postby Brás » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:44 am

But in all seriousness I tend to agree with some aspects of the aging proposition. As a cosmetic feature it'd be nice, and instead of losing attrs I think an increasing difficulty to earn stats and LP with time would help with the never-ending grinding for sky high stats. There still would be grinding, but not sky high stats. Something like the increasing difficulty to get xp you see in most RPGs. That makes the world much more interesting late in the game. IDK if this was already discussed, I guess someone must'v suggested it in the past...

Anyway I find it unreasonable for the character to age while offline. It punishes the casual player (as if he wasn't punished enough) and the player that stops playing for a while.

And death with time just defeats the entire purpose of the game.
Brás

Postby CheetosPotato » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:39 am

romovs wrote:
overtyped wrote:
shubla wrote:If your character eats too much cheese he can have heart attack. And if he doesnt he gets so fat he can only crawle. Would solve 800 str / day grinding.

I got something to add. If you eat too much cheese you have a chance to get dierrea, forcing your character to spend 3 hours on the toilet shitting out cheese.

Also when the char gets fat from over eating the gear would stop fitting. You would need to recraft all the clothes.
This add some much possibilities... New skills:
Medical Treatment - for a price of 5 butter you could remove stuck rings from those obese fingers. The higher the quality the better chance of removal without fracturing the finger. Which in itself adds additional skill possibilities.
Dieting - eating just beetroot leaves fro two RL months to get slim again.

Also it would be awesome if chars could grow a belly when the attributes get too high or perhaps after consuming too much beer. or.. whatever... bellies definitely should be a thing!

I think this cheese thing is probably the best idea in this entire topic...
CheetosPotato

Postby overtyped » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:59 am

CheetosPotato wrote:I think this cheese thing is probably the best idea in this entire topic...

Which cheese idea was the best though?
If you don't say mine, then I will make it my mission in hafen to hunt you down. No pressure though, just give me your honest answer.

PS: I am NOT joking.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby mvgulik » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Brás wrote:Anyway I find it unreasonable for the character to age while offline.

- The suggestion was that, when a character is offline, it would age at a slower rate. (with a so far unspecified speed ratio in relation to being online.)

If a character, while offline, will not age at all. It make sens to grind a bunch of similar characters to high stats by optimizing there online grinding actions. And than leave them offline until needed for some job or character replacement. If there is some ageing while offline it lowers/limits the usefulness of creating large similar characters in advanced. (As in: No point in creating more character of the same type than that you can use in a given time span, as they will died of old age while offline without even being used.)

Brás wrote:It punishes the casual player

Given the above brainwave. No character aging while offline will probably punishes the casual player even more.
mvgulik

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:35 pm

mvgulik wrote:
Brás wrote:It punishes the casual player

Given the above brainwave. No character aging while offline will probably punishes the casual player even more.

This.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby CheetosPotato » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

overtyped wrote:Which cheese idea was the best though?
If you don't say mine, then I will make it my mission in hafen to hunt you down. No pressure though, just give me your honest answer.

PS: I am NOT joking.

Yours certainly made me laugh the most. Something about saying "shitting out cheese" just gave me such a weird mental image and I don't know why.
CheetosPotato

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas