Indian Hat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Indian Hat

Postby BrodytheMad » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Alright, I know I haven't been active in a few months, but a random idea came to mind and I decided to share it. Indian headwear, I'm pretty sure most people know what indians wear on their heads. It requires three feathers, 5 string, and one piece of leather. It could raise survival.(?)

I know that was short and sweet, but it was just a random idea.
.....If that's what they say here on "Earth"
BrodytheMad

Re: Indian Hat

Postby Garath » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:33 pm

more uses for feathers would be nice
Garath

Postby crevank » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:21 am

BrodytheMad wrote:Alright, I know I haven't been active in a few months, but a random idea came to mind and I decided to share it. Indian headwear, I'm pretty sure most people know what indians wear on their heads. It requires three feathers, 5 string, and one piece of leather. It could raise survival.(?)

As a Muskogee Indian, I take mild offense to this. I believe if we do implement this, it'd be nice if the research was done correctly so the item would have some historical meaning, and the actual name of said item.

Or why not make up a whole new portion of H&H, a faction of native peoples to the hearth. Call them Natives, but an item called "indian hat", would burn the soul abit..
NaoWhut wrote:When your dick is touching the sun... its' time to quit HnH

My color is Green
I value growth, life, adaption, and nature. I love to hunt, mate, kill, and eat--to me that's all there is. At my best I am instinctual and unpretentious. At my worst, I am vicious and unthinking. My symbol is a tree. My enemies are blue and black.
crevank

Postby spectacle » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:43 am

Why would an Indian faction be any more native than the current Slavo-Germanic hearthlings? Are we not to be considered "natives" in our own land?
Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective.
-Commissioner Pravin Lal, "A Social History of Planet"
spectacle

Postby SacreDoom » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:53 am

spectacle wrote:Why would an Indian faction be any more native than the current Slavo-Germanic hearthlings? Are we not to be considered "natives" in our own land?

This.
SacreDoom

Postby Acanthus » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:22 am

spectacle wrote:Why would an Indian faction be any more native than the current Slavo-Germanic hearthlings? Are we not to be considered "natives" in our own land?

I think he was just trying to expand the idea a bit, we don't have to call it a "Indian hat" much less introduce a new "faction" or whatever for this, but I really like the idea, I've been wanting to make a feathered hairddress to my character for a while now, something like an Indian Chief would wear. Considering the game world is loosely based on Germanic-Scandinavian folklore I don't see why it wouldn't work....not that you said it wouldn't.

This is all aside from the fact that it would just look so badass.
Acanthus

Postby ninja_yodeler » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:23 am

borrow ray's... ;)
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Potjeh » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:27 am

The only native headwear that'd fit would be this
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby SuchANerd » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:12 am

I thought the game's setting was something like this...

Somehow I don't see those guys decorating their head with feathers.
SuchANerd

Postby ElGato » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:01 am

crevank wrote:
BrodytheMad wrote:Alright, I know I haven't been active in a few months, but a random idea came to mind and I decided to share it. Indian headwear, I'm pretty sure most people know what indians wear on their heads. It requires three feathers, 5 string, and one piece of leather. It could raise survival.(?)

As a Muskogee Indian, I take mild offense to this. I believe if we do implement this, it'd be nice if the research was done correctly so the item would have some historical meaning, and the actual name of said item.

Or why not make up a whole new portion of H&H, a faction of native peoples to the hearth. Call them Natives, but an item called "indian hat", would burn the soul abit..

hahaha
don't read the thread then.

back on topic: I like the idea of any types of new hats coming into this game.
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas