Developer Thoughts on PvP

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Developer Thoughts on PvP

Postby Alanm » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:35 am

In all online games there is pvp(unless you find a private server game with non pvp). But in each of them there is safty to players who love the game but do not wish to pvp. they love to farm, build, explore make friends and what not. i like the perma death this game has, makes you fully aware of what your doing and what you can acheive. But to get greifed while your behind your palside walls? i seen several post about realism, well if their was a flipping while there the person would have to take a luck shot at you not be 50 tiles away and nail you. all the one in favor of the griefing pvp cause are the one s who played since world 1 and know there way around and can gain 2 mill lp in a day. for those of us that have been playing it for a week it gets frustrating to start all over because some 15 yr wants to get his kicks by greif killing ya. ultima online has it to where u have to give permission to enter ones home, once ur in there ur safe nothing can happen to u. heres a question and it will be answered 2 ways 1. it is funny and enjoyable that (the person answering it) they cause someone to quit, gives them joy they cause another person to just upright quit(and we wonder whats wrong with society). and 2. is where all these ppl going? the question is why are so many ppl quitting? i have come across 14 homes that are rotting away....they leave all their good stuff out there for ppl to take. i can see where the answer is, if were gonna base the game on realism then their should be realism. i read somewhere "if u want to u can go up and knock someone in the face" well realism would be ur gonna go to jail, not here, if u have better stats u can kill some one over a brick and palside wall with a arrow and no worries. their need to be a pvp on/off switch for those of us who havnt played since day 1 and know how to get 1 million lp a day!!!
Alanm

Postby TeckXKnight » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 am

I can safely say that, after deciphering it, your post wasn't worth reading.
TeckXKnight

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:51 am

I almost killed myself trying 2 read that and I talk as if I'm a fucking retard all the time
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Arcanist » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 am

TeckXKnight wrote:I can safely say that, after deciphering it, your post wasn't worth reading.

Thankyou Teck
Arcanist

Postby 300Stalker » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 am

Arcanist wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:I can safely say that, after deciphering it, your post wasn't worth reading.

Thankyou Teck

Its called expressing your opinion.People aren't free to do that on forums?
300Stalker

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Thanks Teck, saved me maybe 30 minutes of my day
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Jackard » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:11 am

300Stalker wrote:Its called expressing your opinion.People aren't free to do that on forums?

american "free speech" does not apply to a private forum run by swedes
Jackard

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:24 pm

300Stalker wrote:
Arcanist wrote:

Thankyou Teck

Its called expressing your opinion.People aren't free to do that on forums?

If only your opinion were as easy to read as that statement....
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby 300Stalker » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 am

"american "free speech" does not apply to a private forum run by swedes"
I am croatian not american
300Stalker

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:01 am

300Stalker wrote:"american "free speech" does not apply to a private forum run by swedes"
I am croatian not american

Not to be rude but, Croatia has the same free speech as most countries, including US.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas