What to do about Vaults

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Illegal Hearth Vault on

Postby Avu » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:05 pm

You reaaaaaaly have no clue what's going on in this world do you flame? lol
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Koya » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Vaults wasn't much of big problem, because you needed to leave it to gain LP, now everybody hide in vault and use alts to gain LP.
Possible solution can be, if there was 2 types of LP, one is max lp, did by curious to prevent uncontrollable growth and another typical LP, so you couldn't gain LP without max-lp gained, and you cannot sit just in vault, because you will need to gain LP.
ThunderCat
AD City Lawspeaker
=================
Those who speak of equality and peace will lead the future. Those who live in hate will remain in the past, or we will all perish as one.
Koya

Postby Galthon » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:17 pm

Funnily enough, my wife and I had come to the same idea of how best to avoid the worst problems of both worlds. Well, nearly so, our thoughts were the same on how to riase your "max LP", but with more of a UO model on actual skill (gain by use).
Galthon

Postby Avu » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:57 pm

No thanks we barely got rid of rampant macro use. While the new system has it's problems the old one was much worse.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Flame » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 am

Avu wrote:You reaaaaaaly have no clue what's going on in this world do you flame? lol

There are russians. There is pande. There are random group of grievers and farmes. Like always. Someone win someone lost and then they are bored. That's all i can know without go on accurate research that i never had the need to do, and for what i know there cant be nothing so far from what i know.

How this fix bad with the "Grow the game with your hands without wait the devs" ?
Flame

Postby Tonkyhonk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 am

i think you guys have such a short memory. stop missing w4 and look forward to something new they may come up with.
jorb wrote:I think curiosities revealed the superficiality and general suck of the skill values system -- it's just a dumb number -- and I think the game needs a way to reward time spent playing in a non-macroable way.

But, yes. Curios rule.
Tonkyhonk

Postby rye130 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:37 am

Koya does raise a good point though I think. Curiousities definitely promote "test tube hearthlings". A hearthling that spends it whole life in a vault being force fed curiousities. It essentially never needs to leave the vault at all.
rye130

Postby Koru » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 am

Without teleportation you have to go out from your vault to take curio. Or at least you have to open gates for incoming supplies.
I admit, that Onionfighter's idea about keys sounds good to me.
Koru

Postby Mvpeh » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 am

Teleportation being taken out - I agree.

However, with Hearth Fires.. it would be hard to think about not being able to teleport back to them.

Can anyone elaborate on an alternative to teleportation based on a Hearth Fire?
My son, walk not in the way unarmed; because thou knowest not when thy enemy shall come upon thee.
Mvpeh

Postby EyeOfRa » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:56 am

You have o be able to teleport to a HF, you could visit someone you thought was a friend, who could then wall the point you logged off in, and then, bang, insta death, no scents.
God forgives, Melsonia does not
Image -RJT on Melsonians o7
EyeOfRa

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas