What to do about Vaults

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: What to do about Vaults

Postby brohammed » Tue May 08, 2012 3:43 pm

What, no continuing discussions? Fuck the necro convention and fuck you.
brohammed

Postby MagicManICT » Tue May 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Some people don't know the rules around here. Ignore the idiots. It's still a relevant conversation (if I could be bothered to bring myself around to reading the whole thread again to see what was and wasn't said).

with that said... think the rules say something about adding something important to the convo, and I certainly didn't see that with the necro post. (I'm not even sure where he's quoting from.) I say if a person is going to necro an old discussion and open it back up, at least give the reader some information about what's in the thread so it shows everyone what's going.

Therefore (so that I'm contributing something to the thread): I think there already plans to eliminate vaults, but we'll have to wait for out overlords to return from their contractual positions to code them up.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jackard » Wed May 09, 2012 1:33 am

brohammed wrote:What, no continuing discussions? Fuck the necro convention and fuck you.

just to clarify:

• necros are fine (where still applicable)
  • spam is not
too often people end up with the latter, hence the backlash
Jackard

Postby evilboy666 » Fri May 11, 2012 3:33 pm

You cant kill a snake at its hole, neither destroy his hole, you must get it out and fight, or smash the snakes head before it gets strong.
evilboy666

Postby Kriegwolf » Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 pm

I just came to a thought... What if parallel walls have to have a 1-tile space between 'em? (probably won't work 'cuz we can put there a statue anyway).
Also, what about destructible cliffs? And destructible village banners and statues (which could drop the authority down a bit more than they give, thus making vaults suicidal).

And i think that sleeping on the ground is a good idea, though sleeping players should have hitboxes (so there'll be no problem with blocking of character's place) and be movable (!), so they can be stolen while sleeping or moved if try to alt block.

Aaaaand how about "only one Haven process on one computer" feature to at least hurt alt users a bit.
Kriegwolf

Postby Neon14 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:45 pm

Kriegwolf wrote:Aaaaand how about "only one Haven process on one computer" feature to at least hurt alt users a bit.

:|
BigStronk
Neon14

Postby Kriegwolf » Fri May 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Neon14 wrote:
Kriegwolf wrote:Aaaaand how about "only one Haven process on one computer" feature to at least hurt alt users a bit.

:|

Tiny progress is still better than no progress.
Kriegwolf

Postby MagicManICT » Sat May 12, 2012 4:29 am

Given that Haven is written in Java, that's an impossiblity. Not to mention it's easy enough to work around with any other program, anyway, by loading it in a virtual desktop.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Illegal Hearth Vault on

Postby Neon14 » Thu May 17, 2012 9:04 pm

goodyman8 wrote:just out of curiosity,wont making V claims get the moose head on the map.
wich kinda reveals the location of the vault...(amirite)
so wouldnt it be better if he just had a HF in the building instead.

Mm, but then another person could VClaim it.
BigStronk
Neon14

Postby chocolaterain » Fri May 18, 2012 12:40 pm

You could just use sandboxie to be able to run multiple clients.
what a b e a u t i f u l duwang
chocolaterain

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas