What to do about Vaults

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Illegal Hearth Vault on

Postby Onionfighter » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm

Flame wrote:a way to defend your vagon better than an empthy claim.

This is essential. One way would be to build outposts at reasonable distances from each other, but who would man them?

Also, we need gates that a wagon can go through.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby ramones » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 am

Potjeh wrote:And trading on foot wouldn't be nearly as bad now that we have foraged curios. It was essentially a waste of perfectly good grinding time in the old system, but now it's a good way to find floatsam.

Would still need to think how protect traders from random thiefs/vandals/killers, or no one would go out after 2 weeks of slaying.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby Flame » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:20 pm

well no. Hardly you find someone while you walk. I've been out at all hours and i never meet anyone and when i meet someone, he was behind a wall and i simply went far away.
Ah, yes, sometime someone try to chase you to smash your boat but if you're not away, is easy run. He canìt "auto follow" you or he got stucked in some corner and you easily run away. But really, i meet such people 1 time in all world 6.

Afterall if you have a horse you can walk also in a forest, not on the road. The road give boost maibe but is dangerous because easy to find.

....To protect yourself is enough be smart, when youre travelling. But sure, i'll appreciate an "hide" skill when i have to run from a killer and i don't know how avoid to be killed. Logoff isn't usefull and run forever neither if you're not enough lucky to find a bad runner killer. XD
Flame

Postby kohg » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:23 pm

very good ideas bein discussed here. Last pages should be moved to C&I maybe.
kohg

Postby Potjeh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Back when leaving scents actually meant something there wasn't much crime near major cities.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby burgingham » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Just today we remembered how nobody even dared to try placing a ram near Sodom in over a year. We didn't need to do wall tours every 8 hours back then. Everybody knew they would get themselves and their friends killed and their shit bashed should they dare to leave scents on our property..
burgingham

Postby Sarchi » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Not sure if I said this in this thread already, but gates need to work like claims (and keys need to be removed).

In a world with no fast travel, opening gates would be too easy to take advantage of. Not only that, but you'd have to use key alts for everytime a villager wants to leave the town, and from experience, that's too much of a pain in the ass.

My solution? Everyone that has access to a claim should be able to enter the gate. The gate opens automatically and only lets that person through. If you want to break into a village, you should have to use siege mechanics.
Sarchi

Postby Avu » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I'd still like to keep intravillage teleportation even if it just means making roads work easy enough with a node rich system like any big village would become in time. If it involves roads you can cut people of from entering/leaving town so it wouldn't be a problem in that sense.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Potjeh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:35 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for. You could actually lay siege in the true meaning of the word.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Flame » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:51 pm

...but...if sodom now is so strong...why don't you start to create the next level of game? The conquest, the region, the politycs, the fun above the survivor? o.o?
You have all you need for it without lost anything. C'mon, try to change the game, afterall this game allow it.
Flame

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas