What to do about Vaults

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Illegal Hearth Vault on

Postby Flame » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:35 pm

If we remove the fast travel before we have another way to travel this world, we'll ruin the game. The trade is hard and only with the travel one can trade. The trade give an important quest, it give the meaning that you boost the q of your stuff also if you're not a griever, so we must protect the trade for the seek of the game.

But surely the jump travel is a temporary bugged solution.

I'm sure jorb and loftar already know this, we need horses and all the kinds of travel enjenery we can, with roads, safety docks for boats and what we can think about it.

Only then we can remove the jump travel without danger. If we remove this now, we risk to kill the last light of trading and contact between players.

(Ps: the "fire" is usefull to call your friend near you. If they decide to remove the Jump travel, should be good if they keep at last the Spawn near heart fire.)
Flame

Postby Potjeh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I traded just fine in world 1.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Koru » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Without fast long distance travelling you make trading more important. Now nobody has a chance to sell for example medium quality silk goods, cus you can jump for best eq in the game without effort. If teleportation would be removed, you have a chance to make trading more local or you have to take a trip. There is also a chance for intermediary merchants.
There is small chance to make one faction having best spots in one hand, that also force ppl to trade. Or to fight. But fights would have goal, take spot, grief resources and go back to your land.
I am not saying "remove teleportation. NOW", but in my opinion it is worth to think about it.
Koru

Postby Flame » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Uhm! That's a good point. Afterall nothing can give us back a fast travel like we knew it, onche the jump will be removed. Horses and other stuff will be really important but it don't leave the chanche to trade with nearest camps. The real problem about trade is the fear of the people, but we can't solve this easily and is another topic.

Well, anyway this is the general idea.

Sadly, probably devs neither read this. XD
Flame

Postby Valten21 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:01 pm

It would be cool too, to see most people maybe end up moving there settlements towards cities like Pandemonium in order to be able to trade without much of a hastle, it would become quite a bustling area, with this you might see people like us show up, and perhaps even people there to defend the areas. Small hubs of civilization based on the position of the "super-powers".. sounds like a lot of fun! I really support this idea.
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby rye130 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Trading is too easy right now. Without teleportation we would have a lot more cool things like the Wurstoneville Trade Caravan in W3. Also, I like having to make journeys, spending multiple days away from your village living in the wilderness is a really cool feeling.
rye130

Postby Potjeh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:08 pm

And trading on foot wouldn't be nearly as bad now that we have foraged curios. It was essentially a waste of perfectly good grinding time in the old system, but now it's a good way to find floatsam.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Sarchi » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:13 pm

rye130 wrote:Trading is too easy right now. Without teleportation we would have a lot more cool things like the Wurstoneville Trade Caravan in W3. Also, I like having to make journeys, spending multiple days away from your village living in the wilderness is a really cool feeling.

Ah, I remember you going on an expedition with Vukodlak to look for mines in world 3. The trip lasted a few days. That was pretty badass.
Sarchi

Postby rye130 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Also spent a week exploring for mines/nodes at the final map expansion.
rye130

Postby Flame » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:34 pm

I'm already trading bu foots, i'm used to cross the world or large distance with my chara, but sure i need a free day to do it or lots of day off my village. With a horse it will be nicer, or a way to defend your vagon better than an empthy claim.
Flame

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas