I've somewhat finished this client I've been developing for a bit of time. Its a game client with IRC capabilities added onto it and some other neat stuff, the default screen size is 800 x 600, but can be raised to whatever your computer/the client can handle.
Merged with loftar's code; there's probably some merge bugs around, please do report them.
If your client is always forgetting hotkeys, make sure you wait 30-60 secs after you last put in a new hotkey button in one of your belts before closing the client. The saving mechanisms are insanely slow and I have no idea why.
-----Online client (JNLP): HEREDownloads
Latest Update - DownloadWindows
32bit - Download
64bit - DownloadLinux
32bit - Download
64bit - DownloadMac OSX
Universal - Download
Download the appropriate file, decompress, and run run.bat!
If on anything other than windows: Figure out how to run the commands inside the batch file on your OS, I have no idea how and very little incentive to learn =vUpdating:
Download the latest update and replace your haven.jarFeatures:
-- Nightvision! Toggleable through the console and soon the options menu; press ` to access the console.
- Mac & linux support! I don't know how you go about running the commands in the bat file, but there is a download that includes the appropriate libraries.
- Options widget! Accessible by pressing ctrl+o; it allows you to change the effects volume (chopping, dropping into water), the default IRC server and channels. Make these fields blank if you do not wish to automatically join a server and/or channel upon startup. (This is getting merged with the new options widget loftar has given us)
- Flexible window size: Press ` to bring up the console and follow the instructions.
- Music & sound effects volume control
- Multiple hotkey bars, flip through them with alt+0-9
Current supported IRC commands:
/join (now takes multiple channels and supports passwords, see below for the format)
/server <server address>
/join <#channel1> [password] [<#channel2> [password]]...
/nick <new nick>
/msg <nick> <text>
/tell <nick> <text>
/pm <nick> <text>
/invite <nick> <channel>
/notice <nick> <text>
the msg/tell/pm command opens a new private window for direct chat with someone else
the /join command does not currently check whether you have already joined a channel, it will make a new window of the same name. If you happen to join a channel twice, close all the channel's windows and rejoin it. Next release will fix this.
Find the nick in the user list, click their name, and press enter, or use the /msg;/tell;/pm commands
To leave a channel simply close the window related to the channel.