Heaven & Hearth on Steam

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Heaven & Hearth on Steam

Postby toshirohayate » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 pm

I'm all for it once it's being updated regularly again. As of now, people aren't going to play if there's nothing being added. They'll see it as abandoned.
toshirohayate

Postby L0dest0ne » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 am

I think the idea is only feasible once/if we acquire a stronger server and have the pclaim system reformed. Having the game being listed in the steam library would attract thousands of players (which isn't a bad thing) but would put a lot of stress on the server. Lag reduction be damned, we can't handle MMO-tier numbers of connections.
L0dest0ne

Postby Axatros » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:33 pm

The biggest problem of HnH are bots and multiaccounts. Steam allows the player to launch only 1 game in the same time.
Pixel art is and always will be better than this plastic looking Hafen you gave us here.
Axatros

Postby shubla » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Axatros wrote:The biggest problem of HnH are bots and multiaccounts. Steam allows the player to launch only 1 game in the same time.

Do you think that would solve problem? Nope, it wont. It just gets some noob people that complain why they have to wait hours for crops to grow.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Axatros » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Lel, who cares about noobs? :lol:
Pixel art is and always will be better than this plastic looking Hafen you gave us here.
Axatros

Postby borka » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:28 pm

Axatros wrote:The biggest problem of HnH are bots and multiaccounts. Steam allows the player to launch only 1 game in the same time.

Even Steam wouldn't bother with running different clients on different machines (or Vmachines) - so nothing changes except preferring those who can afford or do it.

You'd just force a digital divide and make it more unjust as it is now. While i'm not into botting myself i sure would run different accounts on different machines because it suits my playstyle atm. Atm i got 5 physical machines capable of running steam client at hand - and 3 of them could handle Steam in a VM and my Internet connection wouldn't have a problem either.

So Steam wouldn't solve anything - it would have to be mindsets that change...
borka

Postby LadyV » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:25 am

I they want to add it to Steam they can but i would prefer not to have to go through a second party just to play. As long as i don't have to Im fine with the addition.
LadyV

Postby krikke93 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:11 pm

People with two computers or more will have a massive advantage over people with only one.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:19 pm

Na, steam is useless at barring multiple instances of games running. That's why people run farming servers in TF2 with like 50 clients running at a time to farm items. Once an account accumulates enough (s)crap to sell to other players you just spend $5 on it to unlock trading, sell the scrap and move everything over to your main account while the bot keeps running. There was a huge shitfit over this when steam gave hats to people who weren't doing this and botters got their panties in a twist.

For most steam games you don't even need to run them through steam. Just go to Steam/SteamApps/common, open the game you want, and run it. Bam, you're now running it outside of steam. This is really useful for mmos where you want to login to multiple accounts at the same time or if you want to login to someone else's account when your account is locked to your steam account.
TeckXKnight

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas