Empty world...

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Empty world...

Postby SilverBull » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:38 am

Amanda44 wrote:
LadyV wrote:
Actually most hermits I have ever known are rather friendly if you meet them. Its when you barge into a already settled area and begin messing up their resources and patterns they begin to shy away or get hostile.

;) - :D

@SilverBull - I talk on global occasionally and I know others from here who do. Other than that just offer to kin everyone you do meet in game, I never refuse and if anyone refuses me I just keep following them and chatting away until they give in, :lol: , ....... tho not if they are wearing a dhelm and carrying a B12, don't want to annoy anyone who can annoy you back. ;)

my problem is is that the global chat cant start up for some reason, it just says "connecting to global chat..." and thats it for hours, and im timid to give my HS out due to it also revealing my position :/ but this sucks xD i want to talk and interact with ppl w/o others of a dark nature to raid me :/ the banes of being parinoid ._.
SilverBull

Postby borka » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:04 am

What client?
borka

Postby Karede » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Your HS doesn't give out your position, the worst someone can do is spawn on your fire and they can't even do that if your fire is indoors
Just don't party up with people you don't know
Karede

Postby SilverBull » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:08 am

borka wrote:What client?

the latest one of the ender client, it just says "connecting to global chat....." and does nothign after that, after i close the window down it freezes the game
SilverBull

Postby SilverBull » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:09 am

Karede wrote:Your HS doesn't give out your position, the worst someone can do is spawn on your fire and they can't even do that if your fire is indoors
Just don't party up with people you don't know

ill take that into consideration, ty, im not 100% sure how HS works besides pm's
SilverBull

Postby borka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:00 am

SilverBull wrote:
borka wrote:What client?

the latest one of the ender client, it just says "connecting to global chat....." and does nothign after that, after i close the window down it freezes the game

drup in a new line in run.bat with the word
Code: Select all
pause
- error message shown in CMD window might give clues for freeze
borka

Postby SilverBull » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:20 am

eh lol im not as technilogialy advanced as yall are >.< i get the adding a new line but what word and where do i add it exactly?
SilverBull

Postby Ninijutsu » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 am

Right click on the run.bat
click edit
There will be a line or two like this:

blah blah blah words words
more words more words

Click to the last letter at the end of the last line

more words more words<----CLICK RIGHT WHERE THIS ARROW IS POINTING

Then press enter to create a new line, and type pause.

It will look like this:

more words more words
pause
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby SilverBull » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:04 am

ok eh i dont have a run.bat, this is all i have showing
Attachments
dddd.jpg
dddd.jpg (165.85 KiB) Viewed 447 times
SilverBull

Postby Ninijutsu » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:50 am

You'll need to make one.

Right click somewhere on your desktop and make a new text file. Copy and paste this into it:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx512m -jar haven.jar moltke.seatribe.se
pause

In between the quotes is where your java.exe is located. It might be in a different place than this example. If so, then browse to the folder that has java.exe in it, copy the path from the address bar at the top, replace the path in the quotes, and add \java.exe to the end of the path.

When you save this text file by clicking File -> Save As in notepad, name it "run.bat", and under the bar where you name it, it will say "save as text document", click on that and change it to "all files". Save the file in the same folder as all your other haven and hearth client files (your folder called H&H).

Double click your new run.bat file to start up the game. It will show a command prompt, and if there is an error, it will display the full details, and you can share a screenshot of it with us so that we can know exactly what's wrong.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas