In game village dependant bots

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

In game village dependant bots

Postby Prowny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:10 pm

What about being able to "hire" bots to do paving, building, even acting as guards?
We could have a few types, like the ones mentioned above, each with a different set of stats.
They could also be upgraded to a higher level of stats with a lot of village authority.
They would "feed" on village authority (instead of water and food) and the number of bots you could hire could be linked to the village size (10 people=1 bot).
You could dress them up with gear and tools and give them simple orders with right clicking (pave a straight line from x to y, stand by, attack unknown hearthlings withing x radius, etc.).

Has this been suggest before? What do you all think?
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Re: In game village dependant bots

Postby FLO » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:54 pm

jorbtar & the haven community (most of 'em) are against the idea of bots. So its probably not gonna happen
also people would just do it on client side aswel
Terms and Conditions Apply
FLO

Location: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as this would ruin the purpose, Duh.

Postby Ninijutsu » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:34 pm

Prowny wrote:acting as guards?

This would be really cool, but it's not gonna happen I'm sure.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby SilverBull » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:21 am

I dont see why not have guard bots if not that then why not like guard dogs/tame a fox.. "not sure how that works" ik id rest easy knowing my base had some sort of protection, may suck for random people that encroach on your lands but hey, guard dogs a guard dog
SilverBull

Postby loftar » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:38 am

SilverBull wrote:I dont see why not have guard bots if not that then why not like guard dogs/tame a fox.. "not sure how that works" ik id rest easy knowing my base had some sort of protection, may suck for random people that encroach on your lands but hey, guard dogs a guard dog

I don't necessarily mind that idea per se, but seeing how animals are already being 'sploited, it doesn't seem that it would provide a very meaningful effect.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Kathdys » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:47 am

Maybe if there were guard blink dogs...

On that note, guards with ranged attacks (maybe even confined to 'guard towers', or other dedicated fortifications) would probably function better than easily-exploited straight-charging AI-controlled creatures. Though that introduces a temptation to add catapults to counteract them, and then things get really crazy.
Kathdys

Postby venatorvenator » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:51 am

blink dogs...

Wow, it's been more than a decade since I've heard those two words. Made me think of displacer beasts too.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby borka » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:50 pm

borka

Return to Critique & Ideas