Traps?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Traps?

Postby SilverBull » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 am

wouldnt it be not only cool and nice to have but also more realistic to be able to set up traps for like pvp or animals? set like the perception for detecting traps and stealth for hiding them make those stats more viable and up and open and split various traps dmg like maby pujin spikes with dex and pit falls for strength and darts or somthing of the like for intel, make exploring much more... alive lol
SilverBull

Re: Traps?

Postby RustyBuckitt » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:35 am

Interesting idea, but, You would need to make traps easy to avoid/don't do dmg. Or some trolls might decide to spam the forest floors with those things, making it impossible for a newbie to pick an acorn without getting suspended 5 feet above ground. Still, would be funny watch some guys try to ram you, with bear traps on both feet :lol:
"Me and Stone gonna break your bones." In loving memorry of Stick

RustyBuckitt

Postby Ninijutsu » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:53 am

It wouldn't be very fun to be wandering around the wilderness and instantly die.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:49 am

I think it would be pretty interesting to learn how to use search function.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby LadyV » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Traps for players, no. Trapping animals could be fine. It would be nice to have more animals to do such though.
LadyV

Postby SilverBull » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:57 am

Ninijutsu wrote:It wouldn't be very fun to be wandering around the wilderness and instantly die.

thats the point of it :P but they still have that baby blue buff or somthing, but i havent really thought of a troll spending a good maybe 5 hours just setting up spikes to span over a whole region but then again some people are just born to be trolls
SilverBull

Postby Metruption » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:13 am

Restrict traps to only be on player/village claims and to be instantly destroyed/revealed when the claim is destroyed
Metruption

Postby SilverBull » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:48 am

Metruption wrote:Restrict traps to only be on player/village claims and to be instantly destroyed/revealed when the claim is destroyed

that is crystal man, prevents trolls and limit how many traps you can set out at one time depending on the size of the claim so it would be up to the trapper to be wise about placing them
SilverBull

Return to Critique & Ideas