Suggestions for Hafen (Haven and Hearth 2)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Suggestions for Hafen (Haven and Hearth 2)

Postby Altich » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:32 am

mvgulik wrote:A daily decay on character attributes and skills guarantees that those that have a efficient LP generation system will be able to always maintain better hearthlings than those that don't.

I thought that players with a more efficient LP generation already have an advantage. Why shouldn't they have? I can't understand your logic.

mvgulik wrote:Or, from a different perspective, it penalizes not being online, to feed your hearthling the needed Curios & LP's, to keep them leveled up. And that probably also lowers the incentive for general casual players to stick around.

Not being online is already being penalized heavily, because other players develop and you don't. My suggestion will not further penalize being offline, because it is applied to everyone, offline or not. On the contrary, if you remain offline for some time, you will have better chances to catch up with others.

I assure you, my suggestion will work very well for the casual players if that's your only worry.

And, 1% is an example. I don't know how much would be suitable.
Altich

Postby simimi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:12 pm

loftar wrote:
simimi wrote:The screen were you chose your skills could be a skil tree instead of a list to show what you could unlock.

We've wanted to several times, but we can't really find a reasonable way to lay it out graphically. It is, by the way, not a tree but more generally a non-cyclical graph.

How can a noob feature were to go to get Yeomanry ?
Just something like thishttp://ringofbrodgar.com/w/images/2/2f/Skill_Tree_Test.png were you just click on the next skill to buy it.
It should be no problem to be in a big window, you dont chose your skills while fighting.
Top class would be a help pop up showing what the skill is use to when you mouse over a skill (dreaming).
Sort of things that are quite imortante when you test a game to feature if you want to go futher or give up.
And if its to much of work, I'm sure community could help if you asked (dreaming again).
simimi

Postby simimi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Other quality of life stuff.
Making all the texts as variables, pointing to a single .txt local file.
So fans could easely make russian or polish version, just a .txt to put in your local folder.
Or just to avoid things like this :mrgreen:
simimi

Postby GenghisKhan44 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:59 pm

simimi wrote:Other quality of life stuff.
Making all the texts as variables, pointing to a single .txt local file.
So fans could easely make russian or polish version, just a .txt to put in your local folder.
Or just to avoid things like this :mrgreen:

That'd be a good idea.

I have one: corduroy roads?

They've been used in ancient England, and the outlying provinces of the Roman Empire, and anywhere where there are bogs, swamps, or a quick road is needed.

I'd say they would be 2x2 a section, require wood blocks (and possibly soil or sand). They could be laid over swamps. And they would allow walking without a penalty to stamina - and walking with a cart - but still no running or sprinting.
"...the dungeon and shackles are already at my threshold to show me here and now my eternal disgrace. Only you can work the miracle to make life possible for a soul so imperiled by doubt, O Atoner for all, exalted beyond saying." - St. Gregory of Narek, Book of Lamentations, Prayer 1.

You are much loved! Love in return!
GenghisKhan44

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Altich wrote:I assure you
I'm not into assurances.
Based on your reasoning I guess we agree to disagree.
mvgulik

Postby Altich » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:14 pm

mvgulik wrote:
Altich wrote:I assure you
I'm not into assurances.
Based on your reasoning I guess we agree to disagree.

You didn't provide a valid reason to disagree with my idea. At first you were talking something about automation. Next, you didn't mention anything about that and you said it will harm casuals and other things. I guess we don't even agree to disagree :P
Altich

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:44 am

Player created gift-wrapped present.
(same gift-size(inventory) as wrapped item(s) of course. max == pumping I guess.)
(Opening should take a bit of time. Just in case someone finds some interesting, but unintentional, alternative use for them.)
(Great for experimenting with procedural generated gift-wrapping paper.) :P

Mmm. Not seen that Altich character for some time ... Last visited: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:14 pm. Aha, taking a vacation it seems.
mvgulik

Postby simimi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:29 am

Without bridges, what the point of roads ?
Witout TP or oating, what the point of villages ? Just to have 2 claims/toon ?

So why not remove villages and make personal claims needing authority to works, making huges personal claims ( montains claims, ...) less common ?
simimi

Postby Altich » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Mmm. Not seen that Altich character for some time ... Last visited: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:14 pm. Aha, taking a vacation it seems.

Yep, I'm on vacation. You're not going to get rid of me!
Altich

Postby shubla » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:16 pm

simimi wrote:Without bridges, what the point of roads ?
Witout TP or oating, what the point of villages ? Just to have 2 claims/toon ?

So why not remove villages and make personal claims needing authority to works, making huges personal claims ( montains claims, ...) less common ?

Village claim provides other good things too, it can work as "main claim" for village so members can have their own pclaims inside. Also it can be used in some new game mechanics. Making it harder to raid village than what its to raid pclaim.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas