Claim Inheritance

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Claim Inheritance

Postby LadyV » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:58 am

I've have been thinking about how claims are inherited recently. To many use them as LP banks and that defeats the purpose of perma-death. My suggestion is we treat personal claims equally under character death. What this means is if you inherit your character you get the full claim like normal. If you however want to declaim it you get the death penalty applied to the LP it stores.

Now to balance this I would also suggest you can only gain full LP off a claim once you have added more LP than the original claim owner. I think these two steps will help null some of those huge claim banks we see in the world. It simply wont be profitable to store LP that way or at the very least discourage it.
LadyV

Re: Claim Inheritance

Postby ninja_yodeler » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 am

While I have no idea how sound the idea would be implementation wise, it might be a good system if; Your original character stakes the claim, dies, etc. Next in line inherits the size of the claim, but because character#2 didn't stake it, he/she would not get any lp if declaimed, as it was not their lp.

Or as you say, they get only the % that they inherited, 25% for change, 75% for trad.
Assuming inheritance works like it currently does anyway.
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Since we're at it my suggestion is auto-declaiming claims 4 week so that they no longer clutter the world.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:39 pm

I like this idea, makes perfect sense :)

venatorvenator wrote:Since we're at it my suggestion is auto-declaiming claims 4 week so that they no longer clutter the world.

They become destroyable without leaving scents after 4 weeks already. I think that's enough, no need to auto-declaim it imo.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:24 pm

They become bashable when abandoned but behind palisades and brickwalls. It's not uncommon to find a whole region plagued with abandoned claimed plots.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby LadyV » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:51 pm

venatorvenator wrote:Since we're at it my suggestion is auto-declaiming claims 4 week so that they no longer clutter the world.

No that's hardly fair. If someone gets sick, goes on vacation, has troubles in real life.... they should be able to have a chance to come back with things in tact. If abandoned claims bother someone so much they can always bash them themselves.
LadyV

Return to Critique & Ideas