Change to stands

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Change to stands

Postby adyroty » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:17 pm

the real problem whit the barter stand is when the owner dies and successor does not receive the ownership when inherit, thus stand is no longer of any use, can not be destroyed and all items for sale are blocked forever
adyroty

Postby ramones » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:02 pm

adyroty wrote:the real problem whit the barter stand is when the owner dies and successor does not receive the ownership when inherit, thus stand is no longer of any use, can not be destroyed and all items for sale are blocked forever

First part is true, but you can steal the items out. Its just pain in the ass if there is a lot of them.
W8 - Hermitage
W7 - Emerald City
W6 - Gomorrah
W5 - Pandemonium
W4 - Angkor
W3 - Angkor
ramones

Postby LadyV » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:08 pm

Arcanist wrote:
When scents didn't cost hhp I had this in my plot, some 200q barter stands instead of LCs, essentially what you are wanting is a stockpile for various items.
A pile of straw dolls would be nice

No that is not what Im wanting. I want a stand that allows free exchange without costing any form of payment. And i do not think stockpiles hold more than one item type.
LadyV

Postby mvgulik » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:15 pm

ramones wrote:but you can steal the items out.

Mmm ... Is that only for "for sale" items, or also for payment items ?

If its also for payments, will clearing the stand (both for-sale & payment items) do anything to the stand's ownership ?
mvgulik

Postby LadyV » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 am

Would someone please update the wiki to properly cover Vending stands? The portion under ownership is incorrect when it says claim owner or person with claim (village and personal) may remove items without paying.
LadyV

Postby mvgulik » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:12 pm

LadyV wrote:Would someone please update the wiki to properly cover Vending stands? The portion under ownership is incorrect when it says claim owner or person with claim (village and personal) may remove items without paying.

I intent to do so. (Strike'ed the relative part, pending rewrite.)

Did you check/test the "stand on village ground" part ?
I did check the stand on p-claim part, and I figure its the same for village stand's. But ... I need something more than my own assumptions to make that jump.

---

Basically it seems to me that there is no specific difference for a stand on unclaimed, p-claimed or v-claimed ground.
(Other than that (?) on unclaimed, or low-authority v-claims, no scents are generated for black skill interactions with a stand. Correct ?)
mvgulik

Postby LadyV » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:30 pm

mvgulik wrote:I intent to do so. (Strike'ed the relative part, pending rewrite.)

Did you check/test the "stand on village ground" part ?
I did check the stand on p-claim part, and I figure its the same for village stand's. But ... I need something more than my own assumptions to make that jump.

---

Basically it seems to me that there is no specific difference for a stand on unclaimed, p-claimed or v-claimed ground.
(Other than that (?) on unclaimed, or low-authority v-claims, no scents are generated for black skill interactions with a stand. Correct ?)

Yes built a new stand on both pclaimed and village claimed land. I used two different alts to prove only the owner was able to remove items without using criminal acts. The only thing that is true is if you have permission you may access the stand without criminal scents. However you can only buy.
LadyV

Postby Axatros » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:47 pm

There should be locks and pick locking skill. The player should have possibility to lock doors, chests, stands etc.
Pixel art is and always will be better than this plastic looking Hafen you gave us here.
Axatros

Postby mvgulik » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:19 pm

LadyV wrote:The only thing that is true is if you have permission you may access the stand without criminal scents.

The "if you have permission" part strikes me as a bit odd. As what I got with the P-claim test is that anyone, by default, has permission to access (buy and take ownership) a stand.

Tested by removing the p-claim rights on the test character (not stand owner), that was already on the p-claim. (ignoring the fact that you need trespassing to get on the p-claim, as that is not stand related.)

Assuming: Any other action, no matter if the stand it on unclaimed, p-claim or v-claim ground, needs some black skill.

... Pondering rewrite. ...
Done.

--- --- ---
jorb wrote:EDIT: The Vending Stands, as of now, have their own rules of ownership. If someone has put items for sale in a stand, anyone else taking (!=Buy) them will always count as theft, regardlessly of whether the stand is built on claimed land.
mvgulik

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas