New Construction Materials

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

New Construction Materials

Postby LadyV » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:54 am

I know some of these have been mentioned before but as the topic says new ones.

Sod, great for sod homes and an early material.

Mud/adobe, a nice option for those near mudflats.

Stone, nice look for that medieval feel. Walls and buildings look good with it. And a nice place to add new colors and new
types of stone. Even the ability to make a cobble effect or cut stone.

Wood, obviously we already have this but we do not have the color options of the actual wood. That would be nice.

Glass, The omission of the ability to make windows always made me wonder. So many colors and even at the technology
A green house or solarium should be possible.

Cloth, Somehow I wonder why we never got tents. It would certainly help foster a mobile population of wanderers and such.

Hides, as with cloth hide tents and yurts.

Brick, we already have these but we should have the option to imbue their color to things we construct with them. And of course the addition of brick structures would be nice.

I know there are probably more Im not thinking of but these are a few to start. Obviously customization would be very nice.
Last edited by LadyV on Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyV

Re: New Construction Materials

Postby Redkat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:13 pm

brick building houses.
Redkat

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:41 pm

As usual I'm always up for your ideas that increase personal modification or allow added crafts and builds, I've often thought about greenhouses too, did they have them back then?

I'd like to be able to have more of a garden feel about some of your land and would like to be able build things like birdhouses, planters to grow herbs in, benches and outside wooden tables, different coloured woods would be ideal for that. I also want a cartwheel, lol, it doesn't need the cart attached, it can go somewhere in the vicinity of the scarecrow. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby LadyV » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:30 am

Amanda44 wrote:As usual I'm always up for your ideas that increase personal modification or allow added crafts and builds, I've often thought about greenhouses too, did they have them back then?

I'd like to be able to have more of a garden feel about some of your land and would like to be able build things like birdhouses, planters to grow herbs in, benches and outside wooden tables, different coloured woods would be ideal for that. I also want a cartwheel, lol, it doesn't need the cart attached, it can go somewhere in the vicinity of the scarecrow. :D

Earliest greenhouses were Roman. Not quite the glass and wood most would know but they were there. I think the classic style began to appear in the middle ages. The 1200's I believe.

Oh I agree on garden expansion. I could have gone into landscape ideas but only one theme per suggestion. :)
LadyV

Postby RubyRed » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:24 pm

I love these ideas. I could also see some clay storage buildings ect...
RubyRed

Postby LadyV » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:34 pm

oops i forgot one.

Thatch, great for those who wish to grow their homes. :)
LadyV

Return to Critique & Ideas