Microtransactions idea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Microtransactions idea

Postby Bogey » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 pm

So I guess that the servers won't pay for themselves. I have just got idea to introduce microtransaction system in which player could acquire blueprints for crafting other types of models for item. So for example there is Steel armor but you can buy another models and then for every Steel armor you can change it look to something else, these items could be even sold to other players by these who bought that blueprint. You could also loot these items and wear them.

Also some additional parts of look which you can't get normally in game, like shield on your back or something else but really unique. You couldn't loot these items from player which was wearing them, neither sell etc.

Maybe my idea about flags and banners could be made as microtransaction. So you could buy ability to make your own flag. Or maybe even add a banner which you could wear on back of your character, this would be quite cool I guess.
Bogey

Re: Microtransactions idea

Postby the_portals » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:49 pm

no
I'm all for cosmetics but paying to get an advantage is a bad idea in any game ever
I was in the Northern Army once and you can never take that from me
the_portals

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:37 pm

Not quite exactly the same idea, but very similar: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37737
Loftar chimed in with his thoughts on the idea already.
TeckXKnight

Postby LadyV » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 pm

I dont mind transaction for cosmetic items or even special equipment and such so long as there is a way such things can be acquired by free players through a form of trade in game. A sort of market, if you will, where you trade a purchased item to someone in game for something else in game. What the trade is for is not so important as long as both parties are happy the the transfer occurs in game. Shadow game economy is not a good system so if its done do it properly.
LadyV

Postby RustyBuckitt » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:59 am

Bogey wrote:So I want to feel special while spending my mom's money.

Let's add different colored gear (that isn't already available through texture mods...) and make it so that I can blow cash on worthless shit and brag about it. After all, this is Haven! Totally won't get killed for it, and then have to buy it again... Hey wait a seco-

But make it so you can loot these cosmetics, but not from dead players...? Who the **** wrote this!?

You could make flags micro transactions, oh boy, .99¢ for one flag sounds SO F****** GOOD, DON'T IT??

Or maybe even add a banner which you could wear on back of your character, this would be quite cool, I always wanted to parade around saying "Look at me! I waste money On stupid shit!"

(Ftfy)

LadyV wrote:I dont mind transaction for cosmetic items or even special equipment and such so long as there is a way such things can be acquired by free players through a form of trade in game. A sort of market, if you will, where you trade a purchased item to someone in game for something else in game. What the trade is for is not so important as long as both parties are happy the the transfer occurs in game. Shadow game economy is not a good system so if its done do it properly.

They are never, EVER acceptable. Period.

The thought that some bum with a wad of cash can get end-game tier goods without needing to work one bit (unless you count working for the cash they blew on it) is disgusting. Example:

*Guy A* "Wow, it took me forever, but I finally, after 3 months, got everything I need to craft this perfect, endgame armor!"

*Guy A* "HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS COOL ARMOR I CRAFTED!"

*Guy B (joined 2 days ago)* "Shut The Fuck Up, Newfag!" *Kills Guy A*

Sounds like a lot of fun, especially when playing a rouge-like game, no?

Also, in CS:GO You can play matches and get skin drops, then you can trade then up and get (after a long ass time) the best skins free, or, you can blow a ton of cash and get them instantly. But hey, you can get it legit, so it's okay! (See what I mean?)

TL;DR Micro Transactions are bad, encouraging them will make other people implement them into their games, which will be good, right? Especially in A Perm-Death game! 0% abuse There, RIGHT!?(Fuck Roblox)

Bogey wrote:Maybe my idea about flags and banners could be made as microtransaction.

Wait, you have to pay money to get a village up now?
"Me and Stone gonna break your bones." In loving memorry of Stick

RustyBuckitt

Postby LadyV » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:53 am

RustyBuckitt wrote:
LadyV wrote:I dont mind transaction for cosmetic items or even special equipment and such so long as there is a way such things can be acquired by free players through a form of trade in game. A sort of market, if you will, where you trade a purchased item to someone in game for something else in game. What the trade is for is not so important as long as both parties are happy the the transfer occurs in game. Shadow game economy is not a good system so if its done do it properly.

They are never, EVER acceptable. Period.

The thought that some bum with a wad of cash can get end-game tier goods without needing to work one bit (unless you count working for the cash they blew on it) is disgusting. Example:

Now your putting words in my mouth. I think items if sold should be purchasable by people of skills or ability. I'm not for giving people grand advantages at ridiculously early times. I am however for allowing people who fund this game getting unique or slightly better things.

Haven is slotted to become a business according to what we have been told. In that end they must make money and they must do so fairly. The large majority of users in any open game will be free players. And on that note they will also be the ones who generate the most cash. Be there ads, or proxy trade systems as i suggested, or even one time purchases they will be the ones who support the long haul.

The people who can afford to constantly spend on a game yes they may have advantages but if done right those advantages will not be absolute or unbalanced. You could buy the best armor in the game and if you don't have the skill to back it up a free player will swiftly remove it from you.

I'm not worried about commercialization as long as it is fair and free players have a path to obtain those same items that can be purchased. Be it victory over an opponent, trade, a currency system in game or whatever its fine. Problems usually pop up when you create haves and have nots.

So you should reevaluate your absolute stance. This game has to make money and it has to do so for the long haul. Cosmetic items alone will not sustain that. Playing paper dolls is fun for a while then you want something new. And that will have to be unique items that may have advantages. There may even be special skills that can be bought. But as I said such things should only offer advantages not superiority or be available without balance.
LadyV

Postby TaurenShaman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:24 am

RustyBuckitt wrote:
Bogey wrote:So I want to feel special while spending my mom's money.

Bogey wrote:Maybe my idea about flags and banners could be made as microtransaction.

Wait, you have to pay money to get a village up now?

I think he meant that you could design your own banner or flag and wear it as aesthetic item.
TaurenShaman

Postby txtrung0 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:30 am

Sub to play. $.99 per character per month ¦]
Free the first 3 months.
If people abuse it to play 3 months then make new acc who care? The one who keep char will screw them up anyway. Better have preys out there.
txtrung0

Postby LadyV » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:07 am

txtrung0 wrote:Sub to play. $.99 per character per month ¦]
Free the first 3 months.
If people abuse it to play 3 months then make new acc who care? The one who keep char will screw them up anyway. Better have preys out there.

Haven will die as subscription only.
LadyV

Postby txtrung0 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:24 am

How about sub for posting on forum and making drama ? ¦]
JK. I know it's not gonna happen. But really to limit bot and alt it's the best way. And money making too. But then Jorb and Loftar will have to be dedicated to the game and can't work on it the way they like, people will start to complain.
txtrung0

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas