Leather Ball. Balance

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Leather Ball. Balance

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 11:26 am

Since no one makes Leather Ball, I suggest reduce weight to 1 int. High developed characters still won't use it, but at least it will be worth making for noobies, since they have lots of free cells in curio' study field.
Last edited by Qeeet on Fri May 01, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qeeet

Re: Leather Ball

Postby LadyV » Fri May 01, 2015 11:34 am

The weight is not bad. Its the time to study that needs lowered some. The space it takes up is enough of a hinderence.
LadyV

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 12:12 pm

LadyV wrote:The weight is not bad. Its the time to study that needs lowered some. The space it takes up is enough of a hinderence.

If the study time was decreased, the bears will be much more valuable and plus to this it won't affect on noobies, so I guess its the weight which has to be nerfed
Qeeet

Postby shubla » Fri May 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Qeeet wrote:
LadyV wrote:The weight is not bad. Its the time to study that needs lowered some. The space it takes up is enough of a hinderence.

If the study time was decreased, the bears will be much more valuable and plus to this it won't affect on noobies, so I guess its the weight which has to be nerfed

Advanced players would make them from animal hides.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Leather Ball. Balance

Postby LadyV » Fri May 01, 2015 6:09 pm

Since the stated goal by the Devs to have a persistent world animal qualities will be very high. So lowering the weight would be over powered. The four slot requirement is a nice balance however the study time is rather long so it has to be a time reduction to entice more use not weight or then you really overpower it. As Shubla mentioned advanced players will use domestic animals and when you begin adding 500+ hides it begins to become a more worthwhile curio is you change weight to much. I don't recall if hardened leather can be used but if so adding in wax manipulation could push it higher.
LadyV

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 6:43 pm

LadyV wrote:Since the stated goal by the Devs to have a persistent world animal qualities will be very high. So lowering the weight would be over powered. The four slot requirement is a nice balance however the study time is rather long so it has to be a time reduction to entice more use not weight or then you really overpower it. As Shubla mentioned advanced players will use domestic animals and when you begin adding 500+ hides it begins to become a more worthwhile curio is you change weight to much. I don't recall if hardened leather can be used but if so adding in wax manipulation could push it higher.

it is true since you are thinking as for advanced characters.
Are you kidding me? 6 intel is it a problem for high developed character?
The Ball itself is totally useless for new characters. After I acquired a leather, I can make this ball, but as long as it takes 6 intel for studying, it totally sucks.
High developed characters have lots and lots ways to get exp. So if they won't use the ball it won't change anything. But for new characters it would be very useful.
Qeeet

Postby LadyV » Fri May 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Qeeet wrote:it is true since you are thinking as for advanced characters.
The Ball itself is totally useless for new characters. After I acquired a leather, I can make this ball, but as long as it takes 6 intel for studying, it totally sucks.
High developed characters have lots and lots ways to get exp. So if they won't use the ball it won't change anything. But for new characters it would be very useful.

And curios are universal so both ends have to be balanced. As for Int requirement....if you are new and not feasting on blueberries to raise your Int then you have bigger problems than a 4 slot curio. This curio by its nature is for upper end people anyway. 600 lp for a low level character is much easier other ways with fewer slots.
LadyV

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 7:08 pm

LadyV wrote:
Qeeet wrote:it is true since you are thinking as for advanced characters.

And curios are universal so both ends have to be balanced. As for Int requirement....if you are new and not feasting on blueberries to raise your Int then you have bigger problems than a 4 slot curio. This curio by its nature is for upper end people anyway. 600 lp for a low level character is much easier other ways with fewer slots.

I have 30 intel without personal_beliefs:Civilization. And its NOT ENOUGH. I still have free slots!
Man, you are starting annoying me with your groundless statements
Qeeet

Postby LadyV » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Qeeet wrote:I have 30 intel without personal_beliefs:Civilization. And its NOT ENOUGH. I still have free slots!

I'm not trying to annoy you. Im trying to tell you something. 30 Intelligence and not enough curios to fill your slots. Are you farming and foraging? If so you should have more than enough options to fill your slots. Check out this list and find your options.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Category:Curiosity

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity_Table

There are plenty to fill a 30 Intelligence inventory. Please realize that.
LadyV

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 7:24 pm

LadyV wrote:
Qeeet wrote:I have 30 intel without personal_beliefs:Civilization. And its NOT ENOUGH. I still have free slots!

I'm not trying to annoy you. Im trying to tell you something. 30 Intelligence and not enough curios to fill your slots. Are you farming and foraging? If so you should have more than enough options to fill your slots. Check out this list and find your options.

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Category:Curiosity

http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity_Table

There are plenty to fill a 30 Intelligence inventory. Please realize that.

I am not new to HnH. 2 days ago I created new character. I foraged, fished, hunted. I have 30 intel, and 10-17 of other attributes. I have a lot of leather which I cannot spend. And I believe any experienced player had such amount of leather. I know that curio table, I filled my study field with most effective curiosities I could find or craft. And now you are trying to tell that I'm doing something wrong, that I'm noob. Stop annoying please
Qeeet

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas