The soil depletion

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

The soil depletion

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 1:10 pm

All we know the more we cultivate the crop on the ground the more it depletes (leaves land->grass land->steppes->mud). I suggest to add to the game some kind of fertilizers, with it's help you can reverse this process, for example: cow's shit or any animal's shit, or some saltpeters you can find on the mountain terrain or mine under the ground (dropping sometimes instead of stone)
Last edited by Qeeet on Fri May 01, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qeeet

Re: The soil depletion

Postby jtpitner » Fri May 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I believe this is already spoken about and might be happening not 100% though...
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Postby shubla » Fri May 01, 2015 3:42 pm

In hafen we make bots for throwing cow poop on our fields.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri May 01, 2015 4:53 pm

I do not blame you for not able to find this thread since it was under another name of sort, not to mention it was suggested years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6040
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:I do not blame you for not able to find this thread since it was under another name of sort, not to mention it was suggested years ago.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6040

I do not blame you for not able to read carefully the 1st post, because my and that guy's suggestions are different.
Qeeet

Postby LadyV » Fri May 01, 2015 6:12 pm

Fertilizers and soil depletion suggestions have been put forth before. I do support a slow soil manipulation mechanic. As Ive said in the past it should be that we raise our soil quality over time. But as a balance it should apply only to crops not trees else we begin a wicked spiral.
LadyV

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 6:45 pm

LadyV wrote:Fertilizers and soil depletion suggestions have been put forth before. I do support a slow soil manipulation mechanic. As Ive said in the past it should be that we raise our soil quality over time. But as a balance it should apply only to crops not trees else we begin a wicked spiral.

guys, are u reading carefuly, I didn't tell anything regarding quality of soil.
Qeeet

Postby LadyV » Fri May 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Qeeet wrote:guys, are u reading carefuly, I didn't tell anything regarding quality of soil.

Soil depletion with fertilizers....I covered that and added my thoughts. Everyone understands I do believe. :)
LadyV

Return to Critique & Ideas