Safe zones.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Safe zones.

Postby Fostik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:54 pm

The function for lawspeaker:
On the village covered area lawspeaker can make a safety zone, wich drain autority mutch fast, to make this zone very expensive, also limit it to village for example 1 tile for each 10 000 autority.
In this zone anyone else than lawspeaker and chief (mabe they cant too) can't attack other players, doing vandalism and theft. Just like a boston in salem.
Zone cant be build on houses, wall tiles, containers cant be build too, but containers can leave here for some time (as if player will need to place something on barter/vending stand from container). Building walls, houses on this zone declaims safety zone and leaving just village claimed area.

This zones will allow players to build safety trading places in their villages not only for villagers, but also for others who want trade with this village. Just because H8H mechanics dont allow build that places.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: Safe zones.

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:48 pm

You're not meant to be able to be safe in Haven and Hearth and you never will be.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Fostik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:56 pm

krikke93 wrote:You're not meant to be able to be safe in Haven and Hearth and you never will be.

I know. For that reason there is "Critique & Ideas" forum what can make game better!
Fostik

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Fostik wrote:I know. For that reason there is "Critique & Ideas" forum what can make game better!

I understand your general idea and I like how you try to not make it abusable, but it will be. Take for example a village that's being raided. Everyone online can just run towards the safety zone with their most valuable stuff. There's probably many other reasons why this wouldn't work.
krikke93

Postby Fostik » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:11 pm

Everyone online can just run towards the safety zone with their most valuable stuff.

That's a real problem. Anyway, salem mechanic build on it. Anyone can teleport to boston while siege, and stay here till zone be cleared. Somehow they still playing.
Fostik

Postby krikke93 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Fostik wrote:
Everyone online can just run towards the safety zone with their most valuable stuff.

That's a real problem. Anyway, salem mechanic build on it. Anyone can teleport to boston while siege, and stay here till zone be cleared. Somehow they still playing.

I haven't played Salem in a long time, but can you teleport while in combat? Because if they surprise-attack you, you won't be able to teleport if this is the case. In your suggestion, you would be right next to the safe zone.
I would, however, not be mad if there was a safezone like Salem has. But I just think it's not rly necessary other than the ability to trade in a proper way.
krikke93

Postby epicless » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 am

Fostik wrote:The function for lawspeaker:
On the village covered area lawspeaker can make a safety zone, wich drain autority mutch fast, to make this zone very expensive, also limit it to village for example 1 tile for each 10 000 autority.
In this zone anyone else than lawspeaker and chief (mabe they cant too) can't attack other players, doing vandalism and theft. Just like a boston in salem.
Zone cant be build on houses, wall tiles, containers cant be build too, but containers can leave here for some time (as if player will need to place something on barter/vending stand from container). Building walls, houses on this zone declaims safety zone and leaving just village claimed area.

This zones will allow players to build safety trading places in their villages not only for villagers, but also for others who want trade with this village. Just because H8H mechanics dont allow build that places.

Maybe lawspeakers can declare armistice for a short period of time (10 minutes?) with a longer cool down of 24 hours to prevent abuse? That should be enough to allow safer trading and/or negotiations during raids (or at least screenshots/videos before the inevitable happens). No one should be capable of attacking, porting or logging off while active, or it could be used to easily escape or set up traps.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Return to Critique & Ideas