Perhaps unknown monsters? Far away continent...?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Perhaps unknown monsters? Far away continent...?

Postby LadyV » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:02 am

ggx7 wrote:You know what else would be cool? Rankings for campaigning with hearthlanders in the dangerous new continent, Lol.

Like: Private, Corporal, Sergeant or something

I really don't think we need more reasons to compete. Besides titles would be hollow compared to what players bestow upon you.
LadyV

Postby venatorvenator » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:00 pm

As I understood the game's description, the devs are against offering players already-made structures and similar, as well as an in-game moderation of the kind that ranks would require. Everything is supposed to be created by the players, including ranks and titles.

Not sure about monsters, but we really need animals at randomized levels instead of the fixed values we have now. High level deer and bears could eventually be the same difficulty of the monsters you talk about.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby Altich » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm

venatorvenator wrote:As I understood the game's description, the devs are against offering players already-made structures and similar, as well as an in-game moderation of the kind that ranks would require. Everything is supposed to be created by the players, including ranks and titles.

Not sure about monsters, but we really need animals at randomized levels instead of the fixed values we have now. High level deer and bears could eventually be the same difficulty of the monsters you talk about.

Yea, titles and ranks aren't really necessary.

About high level deers, I don't think it would be good to have deers that need an entire village to be hunted. I would prefer monsters, dragons and such exciting stuff :D. However, there must be a considerable rarity and difficulty about these things. I remember loftar saying that he would hate to see people grinding dragons, and I agree, it wouldn't be fun.

I'd prefer like dragons on top of few mountains, or monsters in large caves (above ground- level so they can't be mined) and definitely not monsters just wandering in the wilderness like other animals.

I'm not sure about also introducing some very rare monster villages in remote locations.

These kind of events would encourage warriors from various villages to group together to fight these monsters
Altich

Postby borka » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:58 pm

If you want monsters go play a Zombie game ... :twisted:
borka

Postby LadyV » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Altich wrote:
These kind of events would encourage warriors from various villages to group together to fight these monsters

We have one called a troll. :lol:
LadyV

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas