Perhaps unknown monsters? Far away continent...?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Perhaps unknown monsters? Far away continent...?

Postby ggx7 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Hehe, maybe there can be monster empires and/or explorable areas such implemented in a zone far, far away only reachable by boat. Of course, finding it is up to the explorers!
ggx7

Re: Perhaps unknown monsters? Far away continent...?

Postby Altich » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:13 pm

ggx7 wrote:Hehe, maybe there can be monster empires and/or explorable areas such implemented in a zone far, far away only reachable by boat. Of course, finding it is up to the explorers!

I personally love fantasy games and would like to see monsters and other such things be implemented, along with special (rare) explorable areas and stuff :P. However that's just me and I don't know if many others also feel the same :(
Altich

Postby ggx7 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Altich wrote:
ggx7 wrote:Hehe, maybe there can be monster empires and/or explorable areas such implemented in a zone far, far away only reachable by boat. Of course, finding it is up to the explorers!

I personally love fantasy games and would like to see monsters and other such things be implemented, along with special (rare) explorable areas and stuff :P. However that's just me and I don't know if many others also feel the same :(

Yes, but the monsters should be UBER HARD! It would require top notch teamwork and resource gathering... so it's up to the adventurer's to decide if the risk is worth the reward... hehe. Failing would mean imminent death? Lol
ggx7

Postby Metruption » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:54 pm

What happens when factions claim all of the rare biomes?
Metruption

Postby ggx7 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:28 pm

i suppose that would be up to the hearthlands... if anything, i would want it to be incredibly difficult to find and claim, therefore you would need like tens, maybe hundreds of hearthlings to successfully take land "there"? sort of like a campaign across the seas?

The stats of the monsters would be higher than a regular human and being that a bear is ridiculously stronger than any average human, these orcs or fantasy monsters can have overwhelming stats, and maybe random de- aggro mechanics. it would require a team - a skilled team, to successfully take down the monster. That would only be one monster, what if there's another monster that just happens to aggro? Who knows? Give them overwhelming stats and interesting mechanics, and see if these "factions" really have what it takes (and the bravery to risk their characters) to campaign into unknown lands, with stronger creatures. :)
ggx7

Postby Altich » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:55 pm

I was thinking about them like random spawns, like a dragon lair or something, that after being killed and looted it would just be a plain cave (for example.) New such places would be created randomly (but far from civilized regions). I imagine that as a rare event that, when discovered, cooperation from many people would be needed in order to success. Maybe a whole village wouldn't be enough, and it would usually include deaths. It's just for those that are bored for plain stuff and want something exciting. Instead of being forced to raid random villages and people because we are bored, give us something exciting to do :)
Altich

Postby hathaway » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 am

About monsters, How about threatening, deadly, harmful swamp thing, mountain troll, and lake kraken to stop foraging alt abusing, botting and reducing huge advantage of huge factions against smaller players?
hathaway

Postby ggx7 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:23 am

hathaway wrote:About monsters, How about threatening, deadly, harmful swamp thing, mountain troll, and lake kraken to stop foraging alt abusing, botting and reducing huge advantage of huge factions against smaller players?

Now, that's a helluva idea! I'm sure they're working on anti botting systems for hafen 2.0. Cheating just spoils everyones fun.

Now that's a helluva
Altich wrote:

I was thinking about them like random spawns, like a dragon lair or something, that after being killed and looted it would just be a plain cave (for example.) New such places would be created randomly (but far from civilized regions). I imagine that as a rare event that, when discovered, cooperation from many people would be needed in order to success. Maybe a whole village wouldn't be enough, and it would usually include deaths. It's just for those that are bored for plain stuff and want something exciting. Instead of being forced to raid random villages and people because we are bored, give us something exciting to do :)

That is a damn cool idea... well in my opinion, at least.
ggx7

Postby overtyped » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:55 am

hathaway wrote:About monsters, How about threatening, deadly, harmful swamp thing, mountain troll, and lake kraken to stop foraging alt abusing, botting and reducing huge advantage of huge factions against smaller players?

The thing is anti bot stuff like this usually falls flat on it's face, because people will just make bots that can get away from the kraken/ swamp thing. All you would be doing is making it harder for casual players, and giving an easier time to big factions.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby ggx7 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:38 am

You know what else would be cool? Rankings for campaigning with hearthlanders in the dangerous new continent, Lol.

Like: Private, Corporal, Sergeant or something
ggx7

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas