Private Servers

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Private Servers

Postby numberoneNate » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:06 am

I was wondering if anyone else had the same idea about private servers.

Private servers would allow you to play on a private server. Once you have one, you can give the server a Hearth Secret/code that people could use to connect. They could make a new person, and in the "cave" you spawn in, they type the code in there. You would then be sent to this person's server and sent to a random place, then begin and game like you normally would.

I don't know how you would get a server, maybe something like each person gets one, if they want more they have to pay for them. Or you just have to buy one, plus they worked hard on this game.

So what does everything think? I want to know other's thoughts on this, or if this might even become a reality.
numberoneNate

Re: Private Servers

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:24 am

Na, the game is dead and boring without people. There is finite content and you easily burn through it in a few days without the pressure other players place on you. When you fracture the playerbase you kill the game. The devs have also expressed no intention of releasing or allowing private servers. The closest the game has come to this is games recreated from scratch by users, such as Oddity's server, which never went public though I believe he still has it.
TeckXKnight

Postby the_portals » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:59 am

you could always code your own ;)
I was in the Northern Army once and you can never take that from me
the_portals

Postby painhertz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:15 am

Never going to happen.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby numberoneNate » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:37 pm

@TeckXKnight

You know I wasn't really thinking of that when I made this post! But I see what you mean. It's fun trying to survive with other people and makes it more challenging! Thanks for telling me this.
I wasn't really expecting private servers anyway.
numberoneNate

Postby windmaker » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 pm

numberoneNate wrote:@TeckXKnight

You know I wasn't really thinking of that when I made this post! But I see what you mean. It's fun trying to survive with other people and makes it more challenging! Thanks for telling me this.
I wasn't really expecting private servers anyway.

actually exists at least two project what i know one is of oddity and another is my. but is more for just development fun so probably never gonna be public. (for that u have haven/hafen/salem )
Image #swag
windmaker

Return to Critique & Ideas