Alt upkeep

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Alt upkeep

Postby venatorvenator » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:32 am

I mentioned this in my other post.

If alts are a reality and can't be removed from the game, my thought is that they are made an official feature in some manner.

Would making alts cost auth upkeep work to curb alting? Let's say, for example, that every character with a skill above 50 starts costing authority for the village they are oathed to. The upkeep scales according to his skill level, and also proportionally to the number of skills above 50. If it's not oathed to any village, the character has its skills capped at 50 until he's in a village again. And if village authority reaches 0, the idol is destroyed.

This should not be a problem for a regular village with a couple hq farmers, cook, crafter, and hunter, and much less for a hermitage with only two highly skilled chars. But botting would be harder, although not impossible.

The exact numbers have to be balanced. For example, with 50 ua you can't get the items you need for an idol unless you have help. And done wrongly it could make botting worse, for example by encouraging players to make hordes of foraging bots to supply the curios that will keep the authority up to support themselves. But I believe it's doable.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Re: Alt upkeep

Postby spawningmink » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:32 pm

this could work but im thinking of some flaws, would the stats be base? or counted enhairet?
also if would be quite an issue because in big town most fighters have stats over 2000, leading to loose to much auth
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby LadyV » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:44 pm

It's ripe for abuse and to strongly favors village mechanics over personal choice. Being in a village has enough perks without making alts tied to them.
LadyV

Postby venatorvenator » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:59 am

This is intended to limit an abuse that already exists. With proper balancing it shouldn't affect hermitages much, unless we decide to have 8 alts or something.

Frost, stats on the thousands already on the first months of the world don't seem common, and we'll have yet to see if the changes to combat will make such stats worth the upkeep anyway. Regardless of any of that, increasing village authority is always a solution.
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Return to Critique & Ideas