Breeding Rabbits

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Breeding Rabbits

Postby saltmummy626 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:47 am

a rabbit coop is called a hutch. but yeah, a neat idea. any noobling could build it, and it would provide a constant source of food. also rabbits dont live long. and they eat their babies. mine used to at least. you give em nice food pellets and they eat their own babies anyway... :(
Want to touch my fibula?
Gulgatha, place of the skull.
saltmummy626

Postby Riou1231 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am

saltmummy626 wrote:a rabbit coop is called a hutch. but yeah, a neat idea. any noobling could build it, and it would provide a constant source of food. also rabbits dont live long. and they eat their babies. mine used to at least. you give em nice food pellets and they eat their own babies anyway... :(

My hamster does that too, when she's all stressed out she just noms them up like food. :shock:
I like apple juice.
Riou1231

Postby Zephron » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:29 am

Yea, this would finally give rabbits some other purpose then to be running food
Zephron

Postby Vodka » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:02 am

Also it would add effect if foxes could attack the rabbits somehow
Vodka

Postby Kearn » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 am

ThirdEmperor wrote:Bad idea:

Consider the fact that animals are apparently birthed with enough force to shoot over fences.

Now consider the speed at which rabbits spawn.

Rabbit hutches would be more akin to gattling guns.

that just made my day
Kearn

Postby Gallade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Guard dogs? You're thinking small...think bigger. Guard bears. That you can ride!
"Our village is so big, you can hop on a wagon at the idol and ride it all day in the same direction, and you'll still be on our claim"
"Dang, are your wagons that slow?"

If I wanted to get a load of bull from you I'd have brought my cows for you to impregnate!
Gallade

Postby Arcanist » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:00 pm

That res...

Also please add rabbit hutches :)
and tamed foxes too, or even just fox breeding, where they stay wild and attack you if you put a rope on them.

Anyway, I want rabbit hutches
Arcanist

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Breeding rabbits and rabbit hutches are ok but what i'd really like to be able to breed is fish.
We should be able to build small ponds to put them in and special tanks for breeding - I know it's been suggested many times.......... :P

Back to rabbits - being able to raise the quality of the meat would be a bonus, the babies would be cute, lol, and we could then makes runs out of wood and/or wire for them to play in - before they grow up and we butcher them. :)

Why don't we have wire? Was it around in those days? Wire would be good for some more craftables, better q fishing rods for example - I'm sure there are plenty of better examples but i've only just thought of it and still have my mind on fishing. :lol:

I WANT TO BREED FISH!
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby borka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Amanda44 wrote:

Why don't we have wire? Was it around in those days? Wire would be good for some more craftables, better q fishing rods for example - I'm sure there are plenty of better examples but i've only just thought of it and still have my mind on fishing. :lol:

I WANT TO BREED FISH!

Wires from Gold was made in Egypt 5 bc for jewelry - from 5 ac on chains for chainmail shirts where made from wires - but the thin wires where invented much later -> wire drawing history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire
http://link.springer.com/static-content ... -2/000.png
http://www.larsdatter.com/wire.htm

http://www.nuernberger-hausbuecher.de/7 ... -40-v/data
borka

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas