Mile Stones: Remove bounding box, replace graphic

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Mile Stones: Remove bounding box, replace graphic

Postby theTrav » Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 am

As suggested in the announcement thread by someone else, replace the odd looking poles with small flagstone style graphics that can be walked over.

Alternatively, give us an action from mile stones to set the rally point for that stone. Then we can set up paths that go in straight lines and not have carts wander off the road.
theTrav

Re: Mile Stones: Remove bounding box, replace graphic

Postby Jackard » Thu May 06, 2010 6:24 am

Yea... I talked it over with jorb a while ago and it sounded like he was agreeable. he also mentioned wanting to add a variant for water
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby KillerofLawyers » Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 am

Please do this. IF we could put milestones in the middle of our roads then we might start seeing highways between villages. I know I would probably be inclined to build a nice long cart road with inns and stuff along the way if it was easier to make it cart path-able.
KillerofLawyers

Postby sabinati » Thu May 06, 2010 3:09 pm

i agree
sabinati

Postby Blxz » Thu May 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Jackard wrote:Yea... I talked it over with jorb a while ago and it sounded like he was agreeable. he also mentioned wanting to add a variant for water

Variant for water sounds even more useful. Although i wonder how it would be implemented. I would love the idea of long boat trips being automated. Would at least lend a hand in facilitating intra-grid trade and resource collecting missions.
Blxz

Postby Granger » Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 am

Blxz wrote:Variant for water sounds even more useful. Although i wonder how it would be implemented.
Simple solution would be to have the current milestone with a bigger turn radius. Since rinvers are not straight anyway the milestones could be placed at the shore, and with an increased turn radius something useable could come out of it.

For streets they should be noncolliding though (like own HF, interaction possible as is passthrough).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Jackard » Fri May 07, 2010 2:54 am

Granger wrote:
Blxz wrote:Variant for water sounds even more useful. Although i wonder how it would be implemented.
Simple solution would be to have the current milestone with a bigger turn radius. Since rinvers are not straight anyway the milestones could be placed at the shore, and with an increased turn radius something useable could come out of it.

already doing this
Jackard

Postby Onionfighter » Fri May 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Buoys could be pretty simple, you just need a float, a rope, and a weight. The float could be a piece of wood, a glass sphere, or a duck.
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby KillerofLawyers » Sat May 08, 2010 12:12 am

What about a witch?
KillerofLawyers

Postby sabinati » Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 am

well everyone knows a witch weighs less than a duck, so of course a witch would float. the problem is finding one before they get burned.
sabinati

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas