Devs do not care about the players, and that is a problem

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Devs do not care about the players, and that is a problem

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:29 am

I guess that devs want to make the game instead of dealing with people who play it.
But is there some limit to how much devs can just neglect?

The current state of the game, or rather its community is absolutely intolerable. And it would not have to be so.

There are people who openly and often do RMT, and sometimes even brag about it.
There are people who kill everyone they can, for no reason, and destroy every dock and snekkja and knarr etc. that they can find, for no reason, and ruthlessly raid people, and trick and cheat them by all means to do these things, even if they were new to the game. Behaviour like this is not only seriously mentally ill, but also harmful for others. Games are meant to be fun, something to enjoy. Behaviour like this makes people quit the game and feel lots of bad thoughts, is this what devs really want off their game?

Bragging about abusing bugs to crash other players clients to kill them seems to also be quite common amongst some individuals.

etc.

I've also heard all kinds of unpleasant things happening on one realm, by a coincidence owned by the same guy who is in the picture above. Stuff like extortion of hats and money on paypal for turning realm buffs back on etc. etc.

All these evil deeds go completely unpunished, completely allowed, not even looked down upon by devs or anything.

But what can devs do? Well, there are many options for sure.
Such as: rules to ban abusing of serious bugs resulting in harming of others, like client crashes and bugs related to combat/raiding in general.
Disallow RMT and punish people who do it, make mechanics so that people and their property wouldn't be so vulnerable.
Enforcing rules with 100% success rate is not possible, but the same applies for all rules and laws in real life too, that is still not a reason not to have rules/laws.
Even with imperfect enforcement, this stuff would have positive impact on many many people's lives who play the game.

Additional workload for devs is not too great reason to not do these things either. Forums have moderators, why couldn't the game have some? To delegate part of the rules enforcing away from the most busy devs.
The most blatant cases like bug abusing in pvp are easily logged, reported by players and finally abusers harshly punished. Punishments would work great as a preventive means for many bad things that currently happen.

Players have right to demand acts from devs to prevent these kind of things.
It would certainly make the community of the game more healthy, and with MMO games, the community is very important too, not only the game.

I would certainly like to hear either devs excuses for not doing any of this or what they are planning to do, and not just meaningless eternal rambling "will think about it" or some such.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: Devs do not care about the players, and that is a proble

Postby MrBunzy » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:48 am

The weak will always be at the mercy of the strong.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby SnuggleSnail » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:09 am

I just love killing. Why does it feel so good?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Gorakil » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:29 am

shuba talking about mental illness :lol:
Gorakil

Postby gunterman9 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:31 am

The weak like you should be purged.
"Jorb is Dead, Jorb will Always be Dead, and We have Killed him."
- Howard the Alien
gunterman9

Postby jorb » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:41 am

Not against this discussion per se, but you can't start with the premise that "hurrdurr devs mean".
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Hel