Haven and Hearth Nostalgia Thread

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Haven and Hearth Nostalgia Thread

Postby realcrfernald » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Does anyone else remember when Haven and Hearth was actually a decent game before JnL ruined it with the curio system, then made it even fucking worse by replacing it with a shitty version of their failed game Salem?

It never ceased to amaze me how two incompetent danish homosexuals could turn what was a decent game into a pile of dogshit through years of development without testing, telling the userbase they were wrong, and generally acting like stereotypical eurofag caricatures.

Is it just me or something rotten in the state of denmark? open source haven classic before you die of GRIDS
realcrfernald
Under curfew

Re: Haven and Hearth Nostalgia Thread

Postby ErdTod » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:02 pm

It is just you. JnL did a great and inspiring job making a really good game. With flaws, for sure, but nothing near to your toxic descprition. Now go die in Hel.
ErdTod

Postby realcrfernald » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:07 pm

ErdTod wrote:It is just you. JnL did a great and inspiring job making a really good game. With flaws, for sure, but nothing near to your toxic descprition. Now go die in Hel.

no im right and youre wrong deal whit it faggot
realcrfernald
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Hafen has way more stuff than legacy had.
But there are some major issues in game, like performance, combat, which are not easy to fix.

But there are also some major issues in the game, which ARE EASY TO FIX, like op quests, sketches, animals not decaying, stupid hitbox sizes, list goes on and on. And devs do not do anything to fix them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:27 pm

realcrfernald wrote:Does anyone else remember when Haven and Hearth was actually a decent game before JnL ruined it with the curio system

no, I don't recall that.

then made it even fucking worse by replacing it with a shitty version of their failed game Salem?

Eh... there's a few points in that generalization I could agree on.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. A lot of people left after the changes between w4 an 5, a lot of people showed up. Same with the changes between w7 and 8. We're not talking Star Wars Galaxies that was a popular game with problems (#4 or 5 most played MMO at the time*) that just flat lost a large majority of their players and never completely recovered after one flawed expansion. We're talking about a game in an an alpha state that is subject to massive rules changes at a moments notice with a small player base. For any game, if the vets that hate the changes leave and more show up than what left, I'd say the net result is a victory.

*out of a list of around 50 if I recall the old stat charts... SOE had 3 of the top 10 games; EverQuest, EverQuest 2, Star Wars Galaxies. World of Warcraft, Ultima Online, Lineage, Dark Age of Camelot, and a couple others rounded out the top 10 or something like that. Guild Wars was up there, I think.

realcrfernald wrote:no im right and youre wrong deal whit it faggot

And this is why you got banned before. I'm all for giving people a second chance to grow and show some maturity, but if you're going to show back up and start the same old shit again, we don't have to let you continue posting.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby realcrfernald » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And this is why you got banned before. I'm all for giving people a second chance to grow and show some maturity, but if you're going to show back up and start the same old shit again, we don't have to let you continue posting.

I'm all for giving people a second chance to grow and show some maturity, but then jnl put authoritarian condoms like you in charge of the community.

I don't like your tone so I'm going to ban you. You're just as bad as me and you hate me because I remind you of it on a subconscious level.
realcrfernald
Under curfew

Postby Kaios » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:22 pm

you can tell it's the real crf because he's still complaining about the curio system
Kaios

Postby Granger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:37 pm

realcrfernald wrote:I'm all for giving people a second chance to grow and show some maturity, but then jnl put authoritarian condoms like you in charge of the community.
You have confused him with me.

I don't like your tone

Yes. There's absolutely no need to speculate about the sexual preferences of the developers.
so I'm going to ban you.

No, but curfew it is and this topic goes to HEL.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Return to Hel