List of updates that are straight up garbage

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

List of updates that are straight up garbage

Postby loskierek » Fri May 10, 2019 10:18 am

So over the past couple of weeks the devs tried to "improve" aspects of the game that people complain about such as eating, questing, walling of natural resources and quest givers and so on and I think I am not wrong to assume that all of those are straight up fuckin bad. So, how about we make a list of all the useless shit that was added recently and how it should have been handled.

- QUESTING instead of timegating quests which are a big part of probably a small community but still the rewards should have been more balance it is stupid that one person can do a lenghty quest and receive 3% hunger reduction based on rng while another person will get 4k exp or 100% hunger reduction from raiding an ant hill just 2 cells away from quest giver.

- FOOD instead of reducing hungers impact on the general gameplay the devs decided to introduce gambling mechanism into the game - namely if you are lucky enough you will gain more stats than the others, there is no basis to it, no formulas, no grind, no brain just straight up garbage RNG. And to add to it they recently made sure that if we are unlucky enough with satiations we get punished for it not for a day but for two now

- LOCAL RESOURCES well I don't know about you guys but I certainly love wasting 30 minutes of my 120 minutes of gameplay on harvesting heartwood leaves, let's face it we have given the devs our honest opinion about the issues barring local res and proposed several really good ideas as to how to counter alt camping, vaulting etc etc and what did they do? they increased timer on collection of said resources. OK let me just give jorb and loftar an example because they seem to have no clue whatsoever about how alt camping affects this thing. An alt logs in at the same time as the resource respawns and starts collecting it for 2 minutes - sure you might be able to catch the alt in act - BUT how do you stop it? you would need to get out of ur way to bring ur rage alt along with ur harvest alt to contest the bot which has better reaction time to start collecting that the player.

(EDIT)
- SIEGE so we have been complainign about siege since the world started and we pointed out several flaws to why it's not viable to siege someone so jorb went and changed nothing but added extra steps for flavour and said job done xD cmon man, if u want to make banaid updates like this don't even bother. Another aspect which was introduced just last update is no cascades when handbashing, sure that might prevent grief and such but have you ever tried to siege a dead claim with sledgehammer at 289 str? It consumes pretty much ur whole energy bar to break that 1 tile to get in and then you can't even bring ur cart inside to loot cause no cascade - as much as I agree that such thing shouldn't happen on an active claim but a dead claim with half decayed palisade not getting a domino effect?
loskierek

Re: List of updates that are straight up garbage

Postby jorb » Fri May 10, 2019 11:42 am

Feel entirely free to make meaningful suggestions, perhaps in any one of the relevant update threads, or topically in dedicated new threads.

Into the trash it goes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Hel