Unable to launch with mac...

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Unable to launch with mac...

Postby alidayvn » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:36 am

I've searched the forums but I can't seem to get it to play since Hafen. I uninstalled and downloaded Java 8. I have permissions for the site set up. I use a mac 10.9.4 (I can update the mac if need be but I prefer not to for it screws everything up lol) I have played off and on since W5 and I was really excited about trying Hafen (even considering a verified account). Have tried autohaven, bothe Ender updaters and Amber. I would be grateful for any help. These are the errors I'm getting:

Solved: I finally solved the problem. Apparently some mac users have had this issue with other games as well. We get stuck somehow with an old version 6 of Java that doesn't get updated with the newer versions. This forum page from another game gave me the solution: [LINK REMOVED]... configured

At the bottom it has a link to a JDK8 download of java and after downloading and installing I can use the Ender updater to get H&H up and it let me log in to create a new character! (Amber might work as well, I have not tried it)

Mods: H&H has always been one of those games to give macs a hard time so if mods can spread the word when maccies ask for help, we'd be grateful.
Last edited by Granger on Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link didn't go to a specific post but to the homepage, thus removed. Use the links provided by borka one post below.
alidayvn

Re: sure ...

Postby borka » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:15 am

¦]

asshat copycat ...

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=61481
see my sig for Java 8 DL url

Do not follow!!!
Attachments
nono.jpg
nono.jpg (127.43 KiB) Viewed 565 times
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here: