Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:So there's now "open rebellion" (as labelled by at least one newspaper) in Idaho over the governor's "stay at home" order. Some of the more Libertarian thinking public have decided that such an order is an infringement on their right to free assembly. Which it very well is, but is the cost of a severe illness worth protesting over? Another notable fact about Idaho is the pockets of "fringe" groups that avoid, even speak out strongly against modern medicine.

Coronavirus is a plot by communists to kill people and destroy freedom!!!!!!!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:15 pm

Finnish government just bought 200 000 masks from china, sent a plane to retrieve them.
When they were unpacked at the warehouse, they found out that the mask are not suitable for hospital use. (why not check before buying?)
Pathetic.

If you want to scam money, scam finland.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Baldarich » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:17 pm

Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby Ysh » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:19 pm

shubla wrote:Finnish government just bought 200 000 masks from china, sent a plane to retrieve them.
When they were unpacked at the warehouse, they found out that the mask are not suitable for hospital use. (why not check before buying?)
Pathetic.

Do you have insider information on how we can do this one? I think we can split profits.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:42 pm

Ysh wrote:
shubla wrote:Finnish government just bought 200 000 masks from china, sent a plane to retrieve them.
Pathetic.

Do you have insider information on how we can do this one? I think we can split profits.

Acquire few pallets of shitty masks and contact one of these. (I don't know which one, try them all)
https://valtioneuvosto.fi/yhteystiedot/ministeriot
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:13 am

Many countries have found this. China scamming everyone. We just need to start treating the Chinese government as a hostile actor, much like other dictators, "Presidents for Life," and despots.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:01 am

MagicManICT wrote:We just need to start treating the Chinese government as a hostile actor, much like other dictators, "Presidents for Life," and despots.

Meh

"Need to start", Why only now, seems a bit late for that.
It seemed to be of no concern when there where western (economical or otherwise) gains to be harvested.
(cheap labour, cheap resources, cheap garbage disposal, etc etc etc ...)

Fuck, western democracies don't even seem to mind to fuck each other for that purpose.
(China (or other autocrats (be's or wannabes)) know this, and they don't mind using that fact in there favour. Who's to blame for that. The autocrats ?)

... "Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who's the most cheapest mall of them all?" ...
mvgulik

Postby Necrisha » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:19 am

Hey MagicManICT, you see the bullshitery Premier Kenney is pulling in Alberta? It's disturbing how much power he's been trying to seize while using coronavirus as an excuse. Kind of makes me wish for a bad SouthPark reference nowadays.
Necrisha

Postby shubla » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:Many countries have found this. China scamming everyone. We just need to start treating the Chinese government as a hostile actor, much like other dictators, "Presidents for Life," and despots.

It's not chinas governments fault that there are greedy chinese businessman. It is common knowledge that there is lots of low quality stuff in china. Its 100% finlands fault for not checking properly what they are buying with millions of euros before doing the purchase.
Many finnish businessmen have commented and said that the mistake was so easy to avoid its ridiculous how government didnt avoid it.

Many people (including me) call chinese the americans of asia (and that is an insult). Because its true.
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:38 am

shubla wrote:It's not chinas governments fault that there are greedy chinese businessman.

This is true, but if an American or Canadian corporation (or anyone in the EU for that matter) tried the same thing, wouldn't the corporation itself be held accountable via some means? I think the government either is fully aware of the "issues" and deliberately ignores much of it, has no means in place for letting the courts (for the people, of the world, whatever) hold corporations accountable, or otherwise acting in a manner to undermine other nations and international trade. Some of this was the very reason for Trump's trade war--bad corporate actors and a government not willing (or unable?) to hold them accountable or abide by other accepted international trade practices.

shubla wrote: It is common knowledge that there is lots of low quality stuff in china.

This is true, but if there weren't demand for it, it wouldn't get made and sold. My mother was doing a lot of things for her church and nearly everything she got was Chinese imports. Very little came from anywhere else.

shubla wrote:Its 100% finlands fault for not checking properly what they are buying with millions of euros before doing the purchase.

This is also true, and if it were sourced from another EU country (or someone that has trade agreements with the EU/Finland), then there would be recourse for the shoddy products. Do you think those responsible for the purchases will be able to get money back for receiving product that wasn't as advertised? I'm sure the deals have been done "in good faith."

Necrisha wrote:Hey MagicManICT, you see the bullshitery Premier Kenney is pulling in Alberta? It's disturbing how much power he's been trying to seize while using coronavirus as an excuse. Kind of makes me wish for a bad SouthPark reference nowadays.

I had not at the time of reading this. I'm looking it up now. Thanks for the heads up. What I'm seeing is just a hard-line conservative trying to "protect" the oil production industry, and much like in the central US, little in the way to stop him in terms of opponents. Were there some specific articles relating to this? If so, please share.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Hel