Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby viznew » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:39 pm

I live in Seattle pretty sure I'll get it or maybe already had it, for most is not very bad but the elderly or vulnerable are at risk the main issue is breathing, if have breathing issues be prepared to self isolate for awhile when you start hearing of cases near you, it's bad but not terribly bad lol
ImageImage
viznew

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:49 pm

viznew wrote:the elderly or vulnerable are at risk the main issue is breathing, if have breathing issues be prepared to self isolate for awhile when you start hearing of cases near you, it's bad but not terribly bad lol

New details have come out in the last few days on this. It's not necessarily elderly, but yeah, pulmonary issues are one of the big factors. Diabetes and high blood pressure are another two. I don't know about Europe's numbers, but the US has a lot of problems with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I saw an article on National Geographic about this and some recently published studies, and the age ranges were 14 and up, so if you're on here and reading this, you're likely at risk. You're at higher risk for a serious case if you have one of the mentioned health issues

Here's the article I saw: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... ly-common/ Sorry if it's not available in a given region. (And they have a "freemium" paywall, so.... if you can get it via another news source, do so.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:21 pm

We've started seeing deaths here in NorCal and my work is looking at shutting down, they've already sent non-essential workers home to Work from Home/Code and twiddle tumbs, they're trying to act business as usual but we're starting to get word of the delays coming down the production pipeline and it's sounding pretty fucked overall.

CDC is expecting 500k deaths by the time this is all over, but I'm thinking this one is going to have more sticking power than SARS/MERS, so we'll see if China gets reinfected as models predict to determine how fucked we all are.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby shubla » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:24 pm

In Finland, the officials are of course not really doing anything. Useless government!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby viznew » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm

thay think it started in bats and moved to pangolins before humans, just like sars and many others it came from chinas wet markets, after chinas great famine thay made it legal to farm wild animals you can be a bat farmer or a racoon farmer in china, these are then brought to the wet markets where thay are butchered and spread illness, sars is acually a form of cornavirus

some think its cause of trumps pressure on china, tariffs on farm goods to china and the like, urge more of this wild farming which helps spread it

some thoerys are it was acually made back in the 80s by china and it was accidentaly realeased
ImageImage
viznew

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:45 pm

Some theories are sound, like
viznew wrote:some think its cause of trumps pressure on china, tariffs on farm goods to china and the like, urge more of this wild farming which helps spread it

It may well have been a contributor, but our primary exports to china are wheat and soybeans. We export some meat, but I'm not sure it's enough to matter on some of this. (I'd have to see numbers again as I really don't recall specifics off the top of my head.) Wet markets are just popular and a part of the "local cuisine" and culture. It's why so many different virulent illnesses have broken out in China the last few decades. Some of this stuff makes chitlins look like normal food. I'm a guy that will eat almost anything as long as it was killed and butchered properly, and I'm afraid of touching some of that stuff because the animal in question is generally considered a major disease vector.

Nobody likes big government (unless you're a born bureaucrat), but sometimes we have to accept it for the common good. (And I'm probably not just referring to China mandating a shut down of these markets and such that have unsanitary practices.)

viznew wrote:some thoerys are it was acually made back in the 80s by china and it was accidentaly realeased

Some theories say HIV originated from the production of the Polio vaccine, too. Some theories are just utter garbage and require too much belief in conspiracies and a level of paranoia that's on the level of psychological illness.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Uriel » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:27 pm

Nero wrote post about that death rate ia low, then it was deleted before my repost, either way:

It's not exactly that way. Sure, death rate isn't high - and probably is even lower because most cases had gentle progresion and weren't even diagnosed. Real threat is that healt system in x country won't be able to suport those bad cases. In that scenario death rate will go up - like in Italy. Even young and healthy people could be then in risk. I won't even start describing financial impact of these dease and time of exposition on poplutations - those are really scary factors.
Atm I provided resources for my family and we are on lock down for 2 weeks, to see what will happen in my Country (in Poland from tommarow we have all schools closed, first good decision of oir goverment).
Uriel

Postby NeoRed9 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:14 am

Uriel wrote:Nero wrote post about that death rate ia low, then it was deleted before my repost, either way:

It's not exactly that way. Sure, death rate isn't high - and probably is even lower because most cases had gentle progresion and weren't even diagnosed. Real threat is that healt system in x country won't be able to suport those bad cases. In that scenario death rate will go up - like in Italy. Even young and healthy people could be then in risk. I won't even start describing financial impact of these dease and time of exposition on poplutations - those are really scary factors.
Atm I provided resources for my family and we are on lock down for 2 weeks, to see what will happen in my Country (in Poland from tommarow we have all schools closed, first good decision of oir goverment).

Yeah, I accidentally posted on a different account.

The financial impart is the only real part of the story because the news is over blowing the danger so much.

On a brighter note, China built a new hospital in ten days to deal with the strained health system.
NeoRed9

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:08 am

Midwest here. Starting to see the stores have limited supply of things like rice, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, alcohol wipes, and gloves/masks. Guess people finally figured out this is worse than was being reported. CDC dropped the ball with this big time and is now playing the game of trying to not cause panic. Hope everyone stocked up on a month of supplies as things are about to get interesting.

Welp, at least I get more time to go fishing, trapping, & hunting now. Can grind turnip quality while grinding IRL turnip & potato quality; just as God intended. :D
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:10 am

Well, it was the first 70 F day here, and I was just thinking about the veggie garden. This whole mess is a good reason to expand it.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Hel