Re: New world. Any updates?

Postby bumfrog » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:09 am

super duper soon for sure, just like tree conbersatins and Oh-Co
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby HappyBuffalo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:12 pm

bumfrog wrote:super duper soon for sure, just like tree conbersatins and Oh-Co

Thanks for the info. Where can I read about this tree combersation feature?
HappyBuffalo

Postby bumfrog » Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:51 pm

Oh ha ha ha!

Information? About a yet-incomplete feature?

Devs have plopped a “We’re working on a new Tree Cumberstations system” on the last ten or so patch notes, if you want anything more transparent than that you’ll have to pray facing Sweden, read the bones to ensure favorable conditions, align your chakras, etch a fresh clay tablet with the forbidden runes, perform a blood sacrifice, and PM the developers in hopes of some miniscule shred of a hint of their vague ideas of what it should end up becoming.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby HappyBuffalo » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:26 pm

bumfrog wrote:Oh ha ha ha!

Devs have plopped a “We’re working on a new Tree Cumberstations system” on the last ten or so patch notes, if you want anything more transparent than that you’ll have to pray facing Sweden, read the bones to ensure favorable conditions, align your chakras, etch a fresh clay tablet with the forbidden runes, perform a blood sacrifice, and PM the developers in hopes of some miniscule shred of a hint of their vague ideas of what it should end up becoming.

Well, last time I returned to forum was about 2 weeks before wipe. Several days ago my bones became tingly again... Make conclusions youself ¦]
HappyBuffalo

Postby VDZ » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:05 pm

HappyBuffalo wrote:
bumfrog wrote:Oh ha ha ha!

Well, last time I returned to forum was about 2 weeks before wipe. Several days ago my bones became tingly again... Make conclusions youself ¦]

Imminent disastrous server crash combined with the devs noticing backups haven't been working for ages leading to a world 5-6 style sudden world reset?
VDZ

Postby bumfrog » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:48 pm

HappyBuffalo wrote:Well, last time I returned to forum was about 2 weeks before wipe. Several days ago my bones became tingly again... Make conclusions youself ¦]

most everyone’s feeling that; worlds 10 11 and 12 all ended at around the same time 3, 2, and 1 years ago, respectively. Devs are probably postponing it just to mess with us lol
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby banok » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:25 pm

Sevenless wrote:
HappyBuffalo wrote:Hello,

4 people group ready to return to HnH. We last played 2 worlds before. Any news on new world creation time? As a competitive group joining now is not a possibility.

P.S. This time we'll definitely kill a troll...

Nada, their "big project" of tree combersation is taking longer than anticipated. Many people think a new world will come out when that feature is ready to launch.

Most recent patch suggests that might not be for another month or two though the way I read it.

It sounds a bit underwhelming for something in the pipeline notes for so long, have I misunderstood it? maybe Im biased as I never enjoyed quests as implemented on worlds I played vs worlds before quests.

edit: I liked haven when it was more like a time gated grind game, and playing field was relatively even early world, but things like quests/salt etc. just added more ways for the jobless community to win the world and be the only ones left faster.
Last edited by banok on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
banok

Postby VDZ » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:28 pm

banok wrote:I never enjoyed quests

Which is probably why they're overhauling them.
VDZ

Postby delfer8 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:33 am

Hmm maybe change topic title to: fashion tries of killing trolls?
Be nice, the woods are aware of you.

W3 and 4 Hermitage
W5 Emberwood and Kirribilli, PANDEMONIUM
W6 MIRROR LAKE
W7 Tkearns village
W10 F&I
W12 BROLAND, Weasel's Blue Boar Inn, Grimmhold retirement
W13 Monke Spanish plot
W14 Kakariko village Druid
W15 Into the deep woods

Where are you Weasel!?!?
delfer8

Postby Uephorias » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:07 am

VDZ wrote:
banok wrote:I never enjoyed quests

Which is probably why they're overhauling them.

Does anyone else feel like quests as a concept don't fit in HnH? Obviously the dev's vision of the game can be different from mine, but it really feels vestigial and out of place.
Uephorias

PreviousNext

Return to Hel