A Plea for Moderation

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby mvgulik » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:36 am

sabinati wrote:next posts in this thread about anything other than forum moderation gets a ban

I guess the Dev's did not have the balls to do that particular forum moderation themself. O well, things are the way they are.
mvgulik

Postby bumfrog » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:45 am

sabinati wrote:
Pills wrote:Why is there an argument about the wiki going on in the forum moderation thread. Y'all are wild

next posts in this thread about anything other than forum moderation gets a ban

I agree!

It would appear that this offtopic diversion began several pages ago, when user “mvgulik” decided to clarify a ‘bug report’ thread he posted (and which jorb Hel’d for being incoherent), which is clearly not relevant to forum moderation. Several posts from that point to now have followed from the initial wrongdoing, and it’s surely worth Hel-ing them to keep this thread uncluttered.

Wow, only about 2 weeks ago jorb remade this thread due to the last one turning into a shitshow, and now things have already gone south. Crazy what several months without any moderation whatsoever will do to a place like this.

Perhaps it’s also worth taking moderation action against the offending user (whose name is “mvgulik”, by the way) to prevent repeat offenses?

Cheers, glad to have you back.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Kaios » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:04 am

sabinati wrote:next posts in this thread about anything other than forum moderation gets a ban

You could just ban the people that are constantly trolling and starting the shittery in the first place (like the idiot posting before me) but I suppose that would involve actual moderation which unfortunately you do not and never did perform.
Kaios

Postby Glorthan » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:58 am

Kaios wrote:You could just ban the people that are constantly trolling and starting the shittery in the first place (like the idiot posting before me) but I suppose that would involve actual moderation which unfortunately you do not and never did perform.

A fairly similar lot to the ones that piled on magicman, and before that yourself and granger. Funny thing, how history tends to keep repeating itself.

Is it any wonder nobody wants to do the job?
Glorthan

Previous

Return to Hel