Stranger Danger!

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Stranger Danger!

Postby Saergof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:29 am

Today I met some quiet stranger on a peninsula where my friends used to live. Their claim went inactive yesterday, so I assembled wrecking ball to reclaim the place. I logged in no more than after one hour the wball was ready for use, and to my surprise I discovered that the wall was already broken. I've spend some time to make a gate around a breach. Not much later a stranger has logged in right inside a palisade. His gear was not bad, he had a bow. I greeted him, asking a question with an obvious answer (whether he was the person which used my wball before me), counting to get some talking (hopefully, instead of an arrow to the knee). To my surprise, he neither answered nor attacked me. Instead of this, without a word he just proceed to take what pitiful loot was remained at the place, walking past me, firstly loading a boat, secondly taking from it wball that I just packed, and establishing it against another wall (the structure where we were has multiple sections). Then he just logged off/teleported away.

So... dear person with a bow, if you are reading this, would you care to comment your... quiet but determined attitude? I was going to ask whether you living near or far and playing actively or not. Since it's getting lonely around.

Or maybe someone other can provide me with some socio background about that kind of situations which I clearly miss due the lack of experience, trying to figure out what that was.
Saergof

Postby cyrus9586 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:45 am

Basically he either didn't care or thought he could kill you if need be and since he broke the wall all inside was his. I would take down the WB and place a new claim. Wait 8 hours RL come back and refill the presence. Then when he logs back in he has to go to his HF. If his HF is in the claim he still won't be able to do anything. TL;DR claim it, secure it, forget about it.
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby Granger » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Put some shit in the spot where he logged off to keep him from logging in.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Saergof » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Thank you all very much for advices. I was too reckless in the first place, making wball without additional palisade. But now the claim is up. I did not met mentioned person again yet.
Saergof

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:20 am

So I've spent enough time playing the game (a few days) and reading the forums to know how things work in this game (culturally speaking). I've played enough games as an SA goon to know what kind of play to expect, haha

Anyway, some dude named Yottskry ran up to me while I was trying to figure out how to make glass. He was dressed in full gear--I don't know enough about the game yet to identify it by sight, but he definitely had some kind of bear or boar's head cloak and a big-ass sword. He claimed I, or someone dressed like me, had chased after his friend with a bronze sword (hilarious, since I had JUST gotten thistle clothes after spending a couple days butt naked), and after I made it clear that I was nowhere near the level of having functional metalwork or PVPing, he killed me anyway.

He came back the next day asking after my one and only kin, claiming that it must have been him. My kinsman doesn't have a bronze anything, either. Oh, and Yottskry claimed he was only trying to knock me unconscious. With a bigass sword.

Like, dude. Just kill me if you're looking to kill someone, don't do this lame song-and-dance where you try to weakly justify yourself. That just makes you look bitchmade. Can I say that? If not then I mean "like a mouthbreather."
Last edited by Beezer12Washingbeard on Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby Onep » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:37 am

Sounds like a basic bitch 4 sure. I always thought it was pretty lame when people try to make up gay justifications for being a cocklord. Just accept the fact you're a cocklord.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Flyrella » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 am

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:So I've spent enough time playing the game (a few days) and reading the forums to know how things work in this game (culturally speaking). I've played enough games as an SA goon to know what kind of play to expect, haha

Anyway, some dude named Yottskry ran up to me while I was trying to figure out how to make glass. He was dressed in full gear--I don't know enough about the game yet to identify it by sight, but he definitely had some kind of bear or boar's head cloak and a big-ass sword. He claimed I, or someone dressed like me, had chased after his friend with a bronze sword (hilarious, since I had JUST gotten thistle clothes after spending a couple days butt naked), and after I made it clear that I was nowhere near the level of having functional metalwork or PVPing, he killed me anyway.

He came back the next day asking after my one and only kin, claiming that it must have been him. My kinsman doesn't have a bronze anything, either. Oh, and Yottskry claimed he was only trying to knock me unconscious. With a bigass sword.

Like, dude. Just kill me if you're looking to kill someone, don't do this lame song-and-dance where you try to weakly justify yourself. That just makes you look bitchmade. Can I say that? If not then I mean "like a mouthbreather."

you can ask people here on forum to make a nidbane for that guy, killing leaves scents ;)
Flyrella

Postby sabinati » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:55 am

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:That just makes you look bitchmade. Can I say that?

yes. you can also say "biiiiiiiiiiiitch".
sabinati

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 am

Flyrella wrote:you can ask people here on forum to make a nidbane for that guy, killing leaves scents ;)

I hadn't considered that. I wonder if the stench is still around? It's been about a week I think. If anyone's interested, I was killed at the (now abandoned) settlement at 29, -104, pictured here:

If not, I ain't trippin. Living well is the best revenge. Also I'm pretty sure he has no idea where we traipsed off to, I hope that's frustrating for him haha

sabinati wrote:
Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:That just makes you look bitchmade. Can I say that?

yes. you can also say "biiiiiiiiiiiitch".

Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby chocolaterain » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:39 pm

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:Living well is the best revenge.

You sound like you'd make great friends with Trudeau
what a b e a u t i f u l duwang
chocolaterain

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot