Annoying griefer

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Annoying griefer

Postby brolonist » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:21 pm

Annoying griefer, or band of griefers spotted on western edge of the world. Griefing includes: claiming publicly used cave entrances, stacking dirt at gates and blocking them with loaded leantos, gathering scents made by clearing said leantos and pestering honest hermits with low level nidbanes. I highly advise all hermits that observed same behavior in their surroundings to buy 5 tile area in front of their gates to avoid the annoyance of debuff or getting their vehicles stuck.
brolonist

Re: Annoying griefer

Postby Ysh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:35 pm

brolonist wrote:claiming publicly used cave entrances

Advise to claim/wall entrance yourself or build mining hole (do not build hole in your base unprotect, people can dig into cave entrace and use ladder up to get in, so have it separate wall/gate from rest of base). If you want this cave entrance to remain public, you can claim and I think give white color all permissions for it affecting all player. Or leaving runestone by entrance with hearthsecret so player can message you for you to give permission.
brolonist wrote:stacking dirt at gates and blocking them with loaded leantos, gathering scents made by clearing said leantos and pestering honest hermits with low level nidbanes. I highly advise all hermits that observed same behavior in their surroundings to buy 5 tile area in front of their gates to avoid the annoyance of debuff or getting their vehicles stuck.

It is always good advise to claim a bit past your wall. This is one reason why.

These player can be annoying, but you do have the tool for stopping them.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby brolonist » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Ysh wrote:Advise to claim/wall entrance yourself or build mining hole (do not build hole in your base unprotect, people can dig into cave entrace and use ladder up to get in, so have it separate wall/gate from rest of base). If you want this cave entrance to remain public, you can claim and I think give white color all permissions for it affecting all player. Or leaving runestone by entrance with hearthsecret so player can message you for you to give permission.

oh i do have well protected minehole (even on lower levels), just spreading the word of warning. The caves were used by bunch of hermits pretty equally and without hogging, hoped it would last longer but eh, just wishful thinking. Thank you for your advice though.
brolonist

Postby Ysh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm

brolonist wrote:The caves were used by bunch of hermits pretty equally and without hogging, hoped it would last longer but eh, just wishful thinking. Thank you for your advice though.

I think general safer to not give benefit of doubt to player in game unless you can do this without taking risk to yourself. We are all friends on forum, but in game is gets competitive.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Enjoyment » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Ysh wrote:I think general safer to not give benefit of doubt to player in game unless you can do this without taking risk to yourself. We are all friends on forum, but in game is gets competitive.

Oh, cmon, Ysh. the half of post in each forum consists of personall shitting among that friends )
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Ysh » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Enjoyment wrote:
Ysh wrote:I think general safer to not give benefit of doubt to player in game unless you can do this without taking risk to yourself. We are all friends on forum, but in game is gets competitive.

Oh, cmon, Ysh. the half of post in each forum consists of personall shitting among that friends )

Yes, do you make point with this words? I think I miss it.

Ysh

Postby MadNomad » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:37 pm

brolonist wrote:Annoying griefer. Griefing includes: stacking dirt at gates

if someone left shit under your door he probably doesn't like you for some reason :lol:
MadNomad

Postby brolonist » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:12 pm

MadNomad wrote:if someone left shit under your door he probably doesn't like you for some reason :lol:

maybe it's a "territory marking" thing :lol:
brolonist

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:05 pm

He places stockpiles of dirt to block your gate? Or does he ruin your aesthetics by terraforming small hill in front of your gate?

If you don't mind wasted soil, former can be easily solved by bashing the stockpile.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby MadNomad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:10 pm

vatas wrote:

He places stockpiles of dirt to block your gate? Or does he ruin your aesthetics by terraforming small hill in front of your gate?

If you don't mind wasted soil, former can be easily solved by bashing the stockpile.

he just put a shit stockpile under his gate i guess, bad mannered people
MadNomad

Next

Return to The Moot