(no longer) need barley

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: still need barley

Postby molenga » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:31 pm

sabinati wrote:
basuranephilim wrote:Actually, once I found the right biome (the yellow on the map, but grassland on screen) I found barrley within my first 10 WWW's from there.
I had been trying to find it for 10+ days before that, and literally 100's of WWW's on dozens of drying racks :)

it seems like i am constantly saying this: BIOME DOES NOT MATTER

each minimap (100x100 area) has a different outcome from wwws.

I think it is a matter of searching far and wide enough to find it, people are too lazy to do it. :roll:
molenga

Postby synaris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:51 pm

molenga wrote:
basuranephilim wrote:Actually, once I found the right biome (the yellow on the map, but grassland on screen) I found barrley within my first 10 WWW's from there.
I had been trying to find it for 10+ days before that, and literally 100's of WWW's on dozens of drying racks :)

Yeah, it really is not hard to get it, don´t know why people are having so much trouble. :lol:

My offer still stands, and the stack of 50 seeds will be of the highest q I have at the time of trade if you are interested, would save you a couple weeks of harvesting to get to that q. ;)

Could also sell you a beehive since you obviously don´t have one.

sorry, cant get you any subscription tokens.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby VDZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:57 pm

molenga wrote:
sabinati wrote:

I think it is a matter of searching far and wide enough to find it, people are too lazy to do it. :roll:

Or maybe there's no barley WWWs anywhere near them, or maybe they don't have the time to look for hours and hours and hours. I dried tons of WWWs but never got a single barley. I ended up having to resort to theft to get barley.

synaris wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:if you can't find yourself on the world map which is the simpliest thing on the world then you're not good enough to get barley

theres a LOT of lakes rivers and other landmarks in the world... its a nightmare to locate the ones near me on that damn thing. i dont want to spend hours looking over that map. sue me.

Download the map uploader, upload some maps and check the history tab for the coordinates of the map pieces you've sent. You're near those coordinates somewhere.
VDZ

Postby molenga » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:58 pm

synaris wrote:
molenga wrote:

Yeah, it really is not hard to get it, don´t know why people are having so much trouble. :lol:

My offer still stands, and the stack of 50 seeds will be of the highest q I have at the time of trade if you are interested, would save you a couple weeks of harvesting to get to that q. ;)

Could also sell you a beehive since you obviously don´t have one.

sorry, cant get you any subscription tokens.

That is ok, I take it you also don´t have any valuable curios or salt/ice either.
molenga

Postby synaris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 pm

VDZ wrote:
synaris wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:if you can't find yourself on the world map which is the simpliest thing on the world then you're not good enough to get barley

theres a LOT of lakes rivers and other landmarks in the world... its a nightmare to locate the ones near me on that damn thing. i dont want to spend hours looking over that map. sue me.

Download the map uploader, upload some maps and check the history tab for the coordinates of the map pieces you've sent. You're near those coordinates somewhere.

so the only way to find out where i am on the map is to give my location away to everyone? talk about your double edged sword...

edit:
molenga wrote:That is ok, I take it you also don´t have any valuable curios or salt/ice either.

not unless pit clay counts... or ball clay with 38 essence. course i dont have pit clay in bulk.

synaris

Postby molenga » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:02 pm

synaris wrote:so the only way to find out where i am on the map is to give my location away to everyone? talk about your double edged sword...

Quite, but so is trading to be quite honest with you.

Do you have anything of value at all? Im also interested in peppercorn seeds if you have a lot of them, which im guessing you do if you have been drying WWW non stop.
molenga

Postby VDZ » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:07 pm

synaris wrote:
so the only way to find out where i am on the map is to give my location away to everyone? talk about your double edged sword...

It won't 'give your location to everyone', it will only add your home to the map if your area hasn't been mapped yet. Posting your coordinates here will though, but that is required for trading. Nobody has proper long-distance travel yet, so nobody will trade with anyone unless they're close.
VDZ

Postby synaris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:08 pm

molenga wrote:
synaris wrote:so the only way to find out where i am on the map is to give my location away to everyone? talk about your double edged sword...

Quite, but so is trading to be quite honest with you.

Do you have anything of value at all? Im also interested in peppercorn seeds if you have a lot of them, which im guessing you do if you have been drying WWW non stop.

i honestly thought the metal would be enough for a few seeds as people always need metal for houses brick walls ect. we have some peppercorn sure, but its not a lot, maybe 10 laying around in random containers.

it would take quite a while but we have hemp going so we can eventually offer hemp seeds/fibers...

synaris

Postby basuranephilim » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:16 pm

sabinati wrote:

Well then I must've been one lucky bloke, searching for one day, well one run of 15 minutes really, and then stumbling accidentally in a certain grid tile that happened to have it, that also happened to be that certain biome.
But! as we all know! "Correlation does not imply causation".

A bit unrelated to the main meat of this topic,but still relevant, my browser won't load the odditown map, anybody else have that problem?
Whitehill village recruiter
"Let me be cruel, not unnatural,
I will speak daggers to thee,
But use none."
basuranephilim

Postby synaris » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:25 pm

hearing about how the grids work has given me some hope. im out looking for barley now, hopefully i wont have to trade. but ill leave my offer of metal bars on the table. in case anyone wants to trade barley for em.

synaris

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges